Can Dry Cabinet be placed in store room?

jackwolf

Oct 4, 2010
Hi guys,

Can anyone advise whether I can place the dry cabinet in store room (bomb shelter) where there is very little or no ventilation...

Thanks.

Yes, so long as theres a power socket

You can place it anywhere as long as the dry cabinet is turned on

if there's space n a power point, even kitchen also can.
:D

Put in the kitchen in my opinion is not advisable . . . oily due to cooking. :think:

Isn't putting in the store room a waste ?
It is a good display cabinet in the living room. :)

Not a problem. Just ensure it is plugged in to a powerpoint

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise whether I can place the dry cabinet in store room (bomb shelter) where there is very little or no ventilation...

Thanks.

Yes, but note that due to the dehumidifying process, there will be heat generated via the rear vents. So you'll need some room at the back for it to dissapate. :)

Why not?

I think except bathroom :devil: and probably kitchen, you can put it anywhere you like.

The rule of thumb is no excessive humidity and direct sun light. Preferably in a place with ventilation.. the water coming from behind gets evaporated and need some space to escape.

Thanks alot for the replies! I am just worry that due to no ventilation, there might be overheat. I'll place it not too close to wall so that there's some heat dispersation allow at the back.

Weegk, agree that it is a nice piece of display for the hall... but cant put it there else my baby boy will take it as his new toy... :)

Thanks alot for the replies! I am just worry that due to no ventilation, there might be overheat. I'll place it not too close to wall so that there's some heat dispersation allow at the back.

Weegk, agree that it is a nice piece of display for the hall... but cant put it there else my baby boy will take it as his new toy... :)

u can always lock ur dry cabi :D

All models have a lock, afaik. In addition, IKEA has a small ribbon-like lock that can be attached to any doors that must stay close even for most adventurous kids. Check the kitchen and kids sections.

There is a fair possibility that the kid may topple the dry cabinet.. hurting him/herself and spoiling dad's toys!! Specially the blue light attracts the kids like insect!!

There is a fair possibility that the kid may topple the dry cabinet.. hurting him/herself and spoiling dad's toys!! Specially the blue light attracts the kids like insect!!

Yes you are right... haha.. That's my concern.. especially when the corners is very sharp... Of course, i am aso worry that my little boy might be strong enough to topple the cabinet and damage the equipment inside...

Just my opinion, if there's enough ventilation for human to take shelter inside the storeroom, it should be enough ventilation for the dry cab. Sounds logical, right.