Can dry cabinet be placed in air cond room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahtshun23

Oct 25, 2007
Clementi
Hi all,

Please kindly advise whether dry cabinet be placed in air cond room. I am new to DSLR camera..Thanks alots

it is better if you keep ur camera in air cond room. because it is less humid and wont grow fungus. If you on aircon 24/7. you dont really need the dry cabinet.

Yes, you can do so...

Your gears will be kept cool... and when you take them out, condensation... something to note... (allow them to be back at room temperature first)

it is better if you keep ur camera in air cond room. because it is less humid and wont grow fungus. If you on aircon 24/7. you dont really need the dry cabinet.

Only if you keep aircon on 24/7. Otherwise, after you turn the aircon off, moisture will start condensing on your equipment.

OTOH, keeping dry box in aircon room should be fine.

BC

Well...i only switch on my air cond at night...switch off during day and noon...Therefore keeping the dry cabinet in air cond room is fine..Correct me if i am wrong

my DC is in air cond room. I on the air con when i use the room. No problems with this method for me. =)

I set my camera room's AC to Dry Mode, & temp at 23. So it is not running all the time, only when temp creeps up above 23... this ensures constant low humidity & reasonable power consumption...

Otherwise, I think a dry cab in a normal room should do alright as well..

I place my cabi in air-con room too. According to manual, your air-con shd not blow directly at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.