Can canon 500D do IR photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with a IR filter, should be able to. I'm also interested in IR photography. Also using 500D. Going to get a IR filter soon.

Can canon 500D do IR photography? any one have try it?

Here's one for input, 500D non modified, manual focused , long exposure and using kit lens with BW 093 Filter. Not sure if I am doing it right though.

Any comments greatly appreciated as this is my first attempt since getting my filter last night.

4014116610_9991dacaca_b.jpg

Gilcrest,

Did you do a CWB?

Nope, guess I forgot that part after digesting so much info from the forum and I left it on AWB

Guess you got too excited......;)

hi...would like to ask...is Custom white balance important?

also...Can i assume tat IR makes the photos reddish like wat gilcrest showed?

cheers!:)

hi...would like to ask...is Custom white balance important?

also...Can i assume tat IR makes the photos reddish like wat gilcrest showed?

cheers!:)

yes. very. if not you cannot even get the proper tones shooting in raw.

you don't need to nail the exact correct WB, just something close.

ir photos turn reddish when you do not set custom wb and use auto wb.

yes. very. if not you cannot even get the proper tones shooting in raw.

you don't need to nail the exact correct WB, just something close.

ir photos turn reddish when you do not set custom wb and use auto wb.

icic...okok..thz for the guide..

cheers!

May I ask if Canon 500D be able to create the woody effect on greens? What would be the recommended CWB? And thereafter some works on Photoshop?

May I ask if Canon 500D be able to create the woody effect on greens? What would be the recommended CWB? And thereafter some works on Photoshop?

Not sure what do you mean by woody effect...... sorry.

There is no recommended CWB, for me it is trial and error...... you can use the different shades of green (grass or leaves), a white paper, the blue sky or clouds), different conditions will give you different result.
I do keep my old 256 CF Card to store the CWB that I "might" like. So I can just change them and have shots with different CWB.

Yes, there will be some work in PS...... btw, shoot in RAW. I think there is something in the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.