Can Camera Body put into Dry Cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayson81

Nov 17, 2007
Hi, I am a beginner in photography. I wish to check if camera body be put into dry cabinet together with lens. Thanks in advance.

Typical items that goes into the dry cabinet are camera, lenses, and film.

Remember to remove the batteries if you don't intend to use the camera for a long time.

rayson81, the camera body MUST be kept inside the dry cabinet.

That would be the lens, not the body. Although I've seen fungus grow on SLR mirrors before. Pesky buggers.

To be 100% safe, take your camera out preferbly one a week and take some pictures. Dark places (your drybox!) do grow fungus.

Samuel

There are some part in the camera where you don't want the fungus to be... the mirror, focusing screen, outer part of the pentaprism, etc. Thus, it's a good idea to put your camera together with your lenses in a dry cabinet.

It's good also if your camera has the rubber-like finish coating... humidity make it sticky...

Put your filters also in the dry cabinet... fungus likes them too ;)

There are some part in the camera where you don't want the fungus to be... the mirror, focusing screen, outer part of the pentaprism, etc. Thus, it's a good idea to put your camera together with your lenses in a dry cabinet.

It's good also if your camera has the rubber-like finish coating... humidity make it sticky...

Put your filters also in the dry cabinet... fungus likes them too ;)

Think the humidity level in the dry cab cannot be too low as it will cause the rubber coating on the body and lens to crack.. so please keep it contant and not too low.. ;)

just curious... if i bring my camera out everyday, do i still need to keep them in the dry cabinets everynite when i'm back?...

just curious... if i bring my camera out everyday, do i still need to keep them in the dry cabinets everynite when i'm back?...

Yes... I put it in everynight... and only take out when I need to use it.

actually if everyday then better don't.. either go buy a dry box and put it in or else no need.. coz when put in dry cab it will lower the hum level in the dry cab and this may affect the rest of the lens in the dry cab..

actually if everyday then better don't.. either go buy a dry box and put it in or else no need.. coz when put in dry cab it will lower the hum level in the dry cab and this may affect the rest of the lens in the dry cab..

It does not drop that fast and drastically... I set mine to 45% and even if I leave the door wide open for 2 mins, it only reaches to 50% or so... ;)

Shld we seperate the lens from the cam body when storing in e dry cabinet or install the lens on the cam body and store as a whole?

Shld we seperate the lens from the cam body when storing in e dry cabinet or install the lens on the cam body and store as a whole?

Keep it mounted... That'll reduce the chances of dust entering. Unless you travel around with the lens unmounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.