Can body get infected by fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderdell

Apr 21, 2005
Singapore
Hi,

I hope this is not a stupid question :embrass: .
I need to be sure about this before using the fungus infected lens with my camera.
Can the fungus spread into the camera's body?

Also another question, can I use manual fokus Nikkor F lens 20mm f2.8 with D50 body?

Thanks a lot

A lot of people get fungal infections, but they're usually easy to treat because a fungus rarely spreads below the skin.

Hi,

Fungus can grow anywhere! They are everywhere! My place is quite humid, nearby the seaside. One day while cleaning my study, I found out that underneath my study table was mouldy already. Not to forget the back of my dry cabinet. Hence, no doubt that the camera may be infected, if you do not maintain and care for it.

Yes, you can use the MF 20mm on your D50, but you will lose the AF capability (废话) and metering capability. :bsmilie:

kenele said:
A lot of people get fungal infections, but they're usually easy to treat because a fungus rarely spreads below the skin.

Hehehe...sorry...I meant Camera body :embrass:

hongjone said:
Hi,

Fungus can grow anywhere! They are everywhere! My place is quite humid, nearby the seaside. One day while cleaning my study, I found out that underneath my study table was mouldy already. Not to forget the back of my dry cabinet. Hence, no doubt that the camera may be infected, if you do not maintain and care for it.

Yes, you can use the MF 20mm on your D50, but you will lose the AF capability (废话) and metering capability. :bsmilie:

Thanks hongjone,

So it's better not to use the infected lens then :(

Well, get the lens cleaned up first before using it. Your picture quality will likely be affected. You don't your important photo spoilt just because you use the fungus affected lens, do you?

blive said:
Well, get the lens cleaned up first before using it. Your picture quality will likely be affected. You don't your important photo spoilt just because you use the fungus affected lens, do you?
depends on where the fungal growth is, if it's at the corner, then maybe the image wun be affected.

The fungus can grow on the VF, mirror and sensor as well.

thunderdell said:
Hi,

I hope this is not a stupid question :embrass: .
I need to be sure about this before using the fungus infected lens with my camera.
Can the fungus spread into the camera's body?

Also another question, can I use manual fokus Nikkor F lens 20mm f2.8 with D50 body?

Thanks a lot

Fungus can grow anyway, and as yanyewkay has said, the viewfinder and mirror are extremly susceptible, as are the outer skin of your camera.

You can mount the lens on the D50 body, but you will not get any metering or autofocus.

If the fungus is growing on the lens, then I don't think you have much to worry about with regards to the fungus spreading to the camera body as they don't spread too quickly. Just remember to keep the equipment in the drycabi when it is not used for a prolonged period.

thanks to all of you who have given the info I need.
really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Fungus spores are every where, you only can stop or slow their growth, clean them away or kill them. But sadly can't prevent them to stick on to your photography equipments.
So use your lens but it better to clean it first before the fungus eat into the galss and damage the cloating. Then the lens will have a big drop in it's value and optical performent.:eek: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.