Can "blurred" lens be repaired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob777

Nov 1, 2006
Hi all,

I have two Canon EF lens from an old film SLR. The problem is that both lens were "blurred". Is it fungus growth?

I wish to use these two lens when i move on to DSLR but wonder whether can it be repaired or cleaned?? if yes, may I know where to get it done and the rough costs??

Depends on what lens, if it's still in production.

Recently I've heard of a case that the 28-70 F2.8Ls are dying, some element inside causing the lens to fog up, a natural death. Bring to Canon, Canon mentioned something about the fogged part is out of production, so offer trade in + topup for a new 24-70 F2.8L...

Bring to Canon and see ba..

Depends on what lens, if it's still in production.

Recently I've heard of a case that the 28-70 F2.8Ls are dying, some element inside causing the lens to fog up, a natural death. Bring to Canon, Canon mentioned something about the fogged part is out of production, so offer trade in + topup for a new 24-70 F2.8L...

Bring to Canon and see ba..

thanks for the advice! i will bring it to canon for a check.. However, I think these lens may be out of production like what you mention. It came from an old canon EOS 1000F. anyway i will let canon do a check first. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.