Can billingham hadley pro holds the following equipments?

BrownInu

Sep 22, 2009
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a billingham fibrenyte hadley pro(black/Tan) version.
Thinking of bringing down my equipments to Orient Photo to test out but not sure if they will allow testing of the bag.

Hence, I will appreciate if you guys can help to clarify my doubts.
Will I be able to fit in the following equipments:

Equipments:

1. 550D + Batt grip + 17-50mm f2.8 mounted
2. 1 x 580 EX flash
3. 50mm f1.8
4. 10-22mm
5. cleaning kit eg: Lens pen, cloth, blower
6. ND filters + CPL
7. A4 documents
8. Spare batt and external chargers

My biggest concern will be the body + grip + lens mounted. I have seen picture and review of body without grip + lens able to fit in nicely but never seen any with grip on. Will appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thank you.

With bg, very tight on the hadley pro. I had a 500D with bg, the bag feels bulky. Putting in and taking out of bag is not so easy compared to w/o bg. Need to really squeeze in.

Bring ur stuffs to PK, he will sure entertain u and ur doubts. At the same time u can look at other models to suit ur 550 with bg.

:)

You can put all those items in there for sure. But you'll have to dismount your lens from your body when keeping everything inside. The grip is the problem. I'm using 500d with grip too.

You can fit all your listed equips in without much effort EXCEPT the grip. If you want grip in, you have to dismount your lens.
Btw, I will advise not to put that much things. I had body (w/o grip) with 24-70 attached + SB900 and I can feel the stress on my shoulder even with the additional shouldpad which is quite thick to begin with.

Advice you to get the hadley Large if you want the BG+body to fit. You'll lose the handgrip though.

With bg, very tight on the hadley pro. I had a 500D with bg, the bag feels bulky. Putting in and taking out of bag is not so easy compared to w/o bg. Need to really squeeze in.

Bring ur stuffs to PK, he will sure entertain u and ur doubts. At the same time u can look at other models to suit ur 550 with bg.

:)

Hi replica, firstly do you have PK contact or just email him will do?
Can I know what is it in hadley pro when u carry it around?

You can fit all your listed equips in without much effort EXCEPT the grip. If you want grip in, you have to dismount your lens.
Btw, I will advise not to put that much things. I had body (w/o grip) with 24-70 attached + SB900 and I can feel the stress on my shoulder even with the additional shouldpad which is quite thick to begin with.

Hi gravism, thank you for the advise of not overloading the bag. Just back from Japan trip with a fully loaded lowepro fastpack 250 which almost killed me T.T
Hence, I realise that a man with slip disc shall go for a smaller and lighter back. haiz... hence billingham seem like a good choice for office and camera.
Do u only bring body with 24-70 + SB900 and nothing else?

My hand cant fully grab the camera without BG.

Advice you to get the hadley Large if you want the BG+body to fit. You'll lose the handgrip though.

Hello Sgdevilzz, think i will need to look at the actual size of other bags first before deciding. Currently using a 7million crumpler as a walk about.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a billingham fibrenyte hadley pro(black/Tan) version.
Thinking of bringing down my equipments to Orient Photo to test out but not sure if they will allow testing of the bag.

Hence, I will appreciate if you guys can help to clarify my doubts.
Will I be able to fit in the following equipments:

Equipments:

1. 550D + Batt grip + 17-50mm f2.8 mounted
2. 1 x 580 EX flash
3. 50mm f1.8
4. 10-22mm
5. cleaning kit eg: Lens pen, cloth, blower
6. ND filters + CPL
7. A4 documents
8. Spare batt and external chargers

My biggest concern will be the body + grip + lens mounted. I have seen picture and review of body without grip + lens able to fit in nicely but never seen any with grip on. Will appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thank you.

Can, very tight fit, and you cannot mount the 17-50 on the 550D, probably.

Suggest you get Hadley Large to have more comfortable fit.

crystal1993 said:
Even with hadley large still need to squeeze if i not wrong.

Their quite the same depth. But since the height and width are longer, it should be less tight.

Hi replica, firstly do you have PK contact or just email him will do?
Can I know what is it in hadley pro when u carry it around?

TS: you can email Pk, he will get back to you asap. As for what I normally carry, is either my 18-200 or 28 with my Di866. I seldom carry both as weight is an issue. Try to go as light as possible, tat's my style :D

Their quite the same depth. But since the height and width are longer, it should be less tight.

The width is the one playing a part in regards to fitting the grip. Yes it's longer but not by a lot also but it would definitely help. I tried to squeeze my 550d with grip into my friend's hadley pro and we can barely squeeze it in.

crystal1993 said:
The width is the one playing a part in regards to fitting the grip. Yes it's longer but not by a lot also but it would definitely help. I tried to squeeze my 550d with grip into my friend's hadley pro and we can barely squeeze it in.

I would strongly suggest not squeezing it in. Spoils the look of the bag and you won't be able to close your bag after that.

gohjialong said:
I would strongly suggest not squeezing it in. Spoils the look of the bag and you won't be able to close your bag after that.

I have a d5k with grip and I manage to squeeze it in, bulging out a little but I just adjust the buckle strap 1 hole down and it's able to close. The Hadley series has a small depth so it's not suitable for professional cameras like D3 or 1D or cameras with BG.

TS if you don't mind the bulginess then getting the Hadley is fine, although it will put alot of weight to your shoulders. Alternatively you can look at the 05 series.

Your setup will fit 107 nicely. It is thicker than hadley pro and utilises a better design.

Hi gravism, thank you for the advise of not overloading the bag. Just back from Japan trip with a fully loaded lowepro fastpack 250 which almost killed me T.T
Hence, I realise that a man with slip disc shall go for a smaller and lighter back. haiz... hence billingham seem like a good choice for office and camera.
Do u only bring body with 24-70 + SB900 and nothing else?

My hand cant fully grab the camera without BG.

Just body + lens most of the time plus couple of SD cards and microfiber cloths. If i need additional gears, i usually switch to backpack.