can anyone tell me where to get lens?

stevenjeremiah

Nov 15, 2009
where can i find a shop that sell lens reasonably?
:)

You're a member since Nov 2009 and still don't know how to navigate this forum?

1. The buy and sale/mass sales section here.
2. The shops in the Priceguide section.

where can i find a shop that sell lens reasonably?
:)

I think all the camera shop do reasonably sell lens.:)

PS. The camera shops listed in the price guide do sell lens at a reasonable price. Just a matter of more or less depending on which shop.

Last edited:
I prolly would suggest John 3:16 for awesome customer service, SLR Revo for competitive price and Cathay for wide range of products. Prolly TK too! Just drop by funan and im sure you can get what you want over there.

I prolly would suggest John 3:16 for awesome customer service, SLR Revo for competitive price and Cathay for wide range of products. Prolly TK too! Just drop by funan and im sure you can get what you want over there.

The service of John 3:16 is only good if you buy a DSLR from a brand they like. Otherwise, good luck to you.

The service of John 3:16 is only good if you buy a DSLR from a brand they like. Otherwise, good luck to you.

you should share your interesting experience with them.;)

after looking in the Price Guide, you may wish to do a bit of research on the shops before you head down . . . . ;)

Haha! That sounds interesting! Something new to me. What brand do they like? Just curious. Haha

How abt lens? Or DSLR only that is from canon and nikon?

Canon and Nikon.

They like Nikon?? Don't think so... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

They pretend to like Nikon.. but will tell people Canon is better when they get the chance. :bsmilie:

john 3:16 for unbeatable customer service(even though u're only looking they're kind enough to let u try one) but for a slightly higher rate than other's at funan,

MScolor, TKphoto, Cathay photo, Joy's(so far the best price quoted from them in funan, but i would be careful abit dealing with them if i were u), alan photo, SLR-R and many more that i'm lazy to mention for average price and average customer service,

BnS section, peninsula second hand shops or DDelectronics for best value if u do ur homework first.

Last edited:
john 3:16 for unbeatable customer service(even though u're only looking they're kind enough to let u try one) but for a slightly higher rate than other's at funan,

wa, they let people molest the lenses and bodies?

ok, i go there to try try try and leave my fingerprints all over, then waltz off to another shop to buy. :bsmilie:

maybe 2 weeks away, got someone complaining here that their products from j3:16 got fingerprints...

MScolor, TKphoto, Cathay photo, Joy's(so far the best price quoted from them in funan, but i would be careful abit dealing with them if i were u), alan photo, SLR-R and many more that i'm lazy to mention for average price and average customer service,

BnS section, peninsula second hand shops or DDelectronics for best value if u do ur homework first.

Personally I think wait time is also a factor of customer service. And with the amount of time they make customers wait before getting served, I find their customer service very easily beatable. ;) And there are also reports that they employ the same overpricing tactics on filters similar to AP (you can do a search on CS to read more).

And i never had any problems dealing with TK. Most items are tagged clearly and one price. And the prices are good.

Cathay has such a huge variety. Best to ask for e-quote via their sales email. Good service actually.

MSC has never responded to my requests for e-quote over the years. Bought from them a couple of times, paid over market price for some items. But not obscenely over. But if you really want to buy from MSC, go to the branch near the S11 hawker centre, and talk to the lady boss Florence. Some of the other sales staff are not pleasant to deal with.

SLR-R prices are one of the lowest actually without the need for haggling.

AP is the one you should be careful when dealing.

Well... just my personal opinions and experience.

Last edited:

ok, i go there to try try try and leave my fingerprints all over, then waltz off to another shop to buy. :bsmilie:

maybe 2 weeks away, got someone complaining here that their products from j3:16 got fingerprints...

i get to molest their sigma 70-200 f2.8 & canon 70-200 f2.8 about a month ago, so whoever bought it at that time from them also got my finger prints le :bsmilie:

last I went there to look for a tripod. The friendliest salesman was most willing to take out the tripod and show it to me how good it is. Rest of other shops, the salespeople most of the time show indifferent unless they know you.

You can try.:bsmilie:

How abt lens? Or DSLR only that is from canon and nikon?

If you using a Canon body, most likely you are looking for a Canon lenses.

If you are using a Nikon body, most likely you are looking for Nikon lenses.

Unless you are like some weird people like some of us, who love to use manual focus despite the availability of AF... and love to use adapters and all to mount weird lenses on our camera bodies.

i get to molest their sigma 70-200 f2.8 & canon 70-200 f2.8 about a month ago, so whoever bought it at that time from them also got my finger prints le :bsmilie:

And you were saying what about customer service?... :dunno:

Personally I think wait time is also a factor of customer service. And with the amount of time they make customers wait before getting served, I find their customer service very easily beatable. ;) And there are also reports that they employ the same overpricing tactics on filters similar to AP (you can do a search on CS to read more).

And i never had any problems dealing with TK. Most items are tagged clearly and one price. And the prices are good.

Cathay has such a huge variety. Best to ask for e-quote via their sales email. Good service actually.

MSC has never responded to my requests for e-quote over the years. Bought from them a couple of times, paid over market price for some items. But not obscenely over. But if you really want to buy from MSC, go to the branch near the S11 hawker centre, and talk to the lady boss Florence. Some of the other sales staff are not pleasant to deal with.

SLR-R prices are one of the lowest actually without the need for haggling.

AP is the one you should be careful when dealing.

Well... just my personal opinions and experience.

My way of checking out the price quickly is by calling them. However, you have to sure and specific which lens or equipment you are looking for when calling them.