Can anyone recommend a namecard printer that does OFFSET with lamination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

i am looking for a name card printer that will do offset printing with lamination on both sides for small quantities, like 200-300.

i used to print with distinct asia, but they seemed to have closed down. then i approached xclusive at sim lim, they told me that after laminating, the card will be yellowish, cos my card is WHITE in colour.

hence, have to come here, hope some of u guys can help, need the cards urgently!

thanks in advance!!!

Hi pardon my ignorance, but what advantage does it have over normal laser print? And pricewise, how much more expensive? If it's not too expensive, perhaps I might even join you and print, I'd need around the same quantity as you.

not too sure abt the technical details, just like the feel of it and was told its called offset printing

it is true that after lamination the paper will become slightly yellow
also the colours will also become slightly darker

wainism said:
hi,

i am looking for a name card printer that will do offset printing with lamination on both sides for small quantities, like 200-300.

i used to print with distinct asia, but they seemed to have closed down. then i approached xclusive at sim lim, they told me that after laminating, the card will be yellowish, cos my card is WHITE in colour.

hence, have to come here, hope some of u guys can help, need the cards urgently!

thanks in advance!!!

check out Peace Centre, many shops there to choose from.

sorry but wanna ask,

how many types of offset printing are there?

cos this shop told me that to achieve the white i want, need to use a white card. and they were only using photo paper or something like that. so cant get the white. is there a difference in wat material is used?

i mean, since i am only concerned abt the name cards, wat material is usually used for name cards?

sorry but wanna ask,

how many types of offset printing are there?

cos this shop told me that to achieve the white i want, need to use a white card. and they were only using photo paper or something like that. so cant get the white. is there a difference in wat material is used?

i mean, since i am only concerned abt the name cards, wat material is usually used for name cards?

what photo paper, you mean you went to a photo dev shop to print off set?

offset is commercial printing
for lamination there are gloss lam and matt lam
the other effects that you may like to consider is embossing, varnish, spot lam, spot varnish, die cut or even a combination of the above.

most commercial printing shops do offset
your only concern is price per piece
the higher the quantity the cheaper per piece it gets.

there are many types of paper available, for brilliant white you will need to pay a little bit more than normal art card.
Art card is yellowish.

Printers don't make much from namecards, it is usually a service that they do to get the bigger jobs.

ortega,
do u know of any shops that makes brilliant white cards with offset and matt lam?

Hey bro..

how abt going to this company? The website is: http://www.print22.com.sg

It's cheap and good. But everytime they print is in terms of 3 boxes (i.e. 300 pcs).

Only $30/= nia with matte lamination. :thumbsup:

wainism said:
ortega,
do u know of any shops that makes brilliant white cards with offset and matt lam?
i do, pm me your number and i'll get him to call you.

but remember that after you do a matt lam the brilliant white paper will no longer be brilliant white.

so the best is to start with the whitest paper you can find.
the matt lam feels very good right?

you can also choose to matt lam on one side if you want

ah crap...

i order my name cards liao... from Xclusive at sim lim sq.

couldnt wait any longer. thanks ortega. will contact u if these r crappy. :S

destiny star,

thanks! aye... shd have read your reply earlier!

will try them next time once i clear the 300 i just printed!

thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.