can anyone help me ID this camera? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywire

Mar 19, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
11205Julian_Amy_5_.jpg

:p

oh ya 1 qn.. can this camera take b/w pic?

believe its a leica compact camera. saw one b4 at TCW. can't remember the exactly model tho.. :embrass:

Thought it's a Rollei? I remember Rollei compacts were really small like these and they had 2 dials, one on each side of the lens.

Cheers,

haywire said:
roughly how much is the camera ah?

Think it is a Leica, have seen it before at one of the shop at Center Point.

it's a Rollei 35. Exactly which version, no idea.

nightwolf75 said:
believe its a leica compact camera. saw one b4 at TCW. can't remember the exactly model tho.. :embrass:

It certainly is not a Leica M. I do not think it is a Leica CM or Minilux either.

All Leica M have a winding mechanism at the left hand top which is eithe angles or recessed into a depression.

Definitely a Rollei 35, maybe the SE version. Should be quite common as over 2 million of these in various versions were produced. Compact with an extremely sharp 40mm Zeiss lens. Note the unusual left hand film advance lever.

There are a couple at TCW at the moment though I think those are collector editions, costing a lot more than the usual $300-$500 for the regular versions.

Rollei35SE1.jpg

Terence said:
Definitely a Rollei 35, maybe the SE version. Should be quite common as over 2 million of these in various versions were produced. Compact with an extremely sharp 40mm Zeiss lens.

Rollei35SE1.jpg

Yes, indeed it is!

OOPS! Othere have already id-ed it.

Rollei Singapore's factory was at Chai Chee. After it closed down, VARTA the battry manufacter took over, then DBS and now I think it belongs to or is used as one of Singapore's Posts centres.

My friend once worked there in the lens production section.

wow cool.

im actually looking for a pocket sized film camera like this.. which allows the user to take B/W pictures. the camera function no need to be very cheem. as long as can take b/w and small will do.

i'm actually 'scouting' for camera like this coz' i wanna get it for a friend's b/d :)

Try to get the sonnar one or tessar one they are better. The rollei 35 boy they bring back memories.:lovegrin: Very sharp lens. If use correctly produce wonderful result.

hongsien said:
Isn't that Lee Kuan Yew?

HS

Are you kidding or have you not seen his face before?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.