can anyone help me decide on a digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emolatic

ok, ive been thinking it through for about a month and a half now. I first considered getting the canon g2, moved on to considering digital slr types (ie. minolta dimage 7i), moved to lower end digital slr's (ie. canon D-60) and now ive lowered my standards again to digital slr-types or cameras of similar price /quality range : (dimage 7i, sony f-707, nikon coolpix 5700, olympus E-20 etc.). Can anyone help me decide .:dunno: ? Im a sucker for which one of these (or others like them) represents film quality the best and not particularly which has best the features or ergonomics.

Originally posted by emolatic
ok, ive been thinking it through for about a month and a half now. I first considered getting the canon g2, moved on to considering digital slr types (ie. minolta dimage 7i), moved to lower end digital slr's (ie. canon D-60) and now ive lowered my standards again to digital slr-types or cameras of similar price /quality range : (dimage 7i, sony f-707, nikon coolpix 5700, olympus E-20 etc.). Can anyone help me decide .:dunno: ? Im a sucker for which one of these (or others like them) represents film quality the best and not particularly which has best the features or ergonomics.

I think it all depends on your budget here. Get the best camera that your budget can afford.

I'm using Sony F707 and also have the F505, I always wanted to buy a DSLR but couldn't afford one at the moment. Well at least buying the body is easy, lenses are the most expensive part. I believe all cameras can make good photos, afterall it's the photographer who composes the shots. ;)

Cheers!

rather than 2 digicams (f707 and f505?), you would be better off with 1 film SLR and 1 digicam [unless you already own a film slr, then my question is .. why so many cameras? ;) ]

i only have experience with the coolpix 995, but have consumer digicams fixed the shutter lag problem yet? if they haven't i think thats a serious limitation. (i wonder if thats one of the reasons why we see so many nearly new $1k+ digicams on sale [and lots of F707s as well ;) ]

Originally posted by Digipix

I think it all depends on your budget here. Get the best camera that your budget can afford.

I'm using Sony F707 and also have the F505, I always wanted to buy a DSLR but couldn't afford one at the moment. Well at least buying the body is easy, lenses are the most expensive part. I believe all cameras can make good photos, afterall it's the photographer who composes the shots. ;)

Cheers!

Originally posted by erwinx
rather than 2 digicams (f707 and f505?), you would be better off with 1 film SLR and 1 digicam [unless you already own a film slr, then my question is .. why so many cameras? ;) ]

i only have experience with the coolpix 995, but have consumer digicams fixed the shutter lag problem yet? if they haven't i think thats a serious limitation. (i wonder if thats one of the reasons why we see so many nearly new $1k+ digicams on sale [and lots of F707s as well ;) ]

No choice erwinx! Me kena conned mah... hehe. Bought the F505 first, thought very happening already... who knows after 1yr, Sony came out with F707! @##$%^.... then I buy lor... hehe. :D

But one thing I hate about the EVF of the F707 is that it's not a optical viewfinder! I hate it cos I can't focus it properly with the tiny EVF to get a sharp image! Maybe the problem is my eyesight... hmm... hehe. :p

Originally posted by Digipix
But one thing I hate about the EVF of the F707 is that it's not a optical viewfinder! I hate it cos I can't focus it properly with the tiny EVF to get a sharp image! Maybe the problem is my eyesight... hmm... hehe. :p

I hope to be able to use the hologram AF even for daylight shots.

Sigh...sony.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Zoomer

I hope to be able to use the hologram AF even for daylight shots.

Sigh...sony.... :rolleyes:

Don't leh brother! Later Sony come out with a new F909! Like that I die man! haha. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.