Can anyone advise me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GenXBoi

I just bought a G2 and I'm not sure wat accesories I should buy to further improve my camera as I am still a newbie.
Can someone enlighten me on what I should buy to protect my camera, improve photo taking ++ anything that is necessary for my G2. Thanks a lot! (If possible, pls include their prices too!)

eh maybe an extra batt, memory card, tripod and anti static cloth ... :)

MUST have accessories
- extra batt
- extra memory CF
- lens adapter
- UV filter
- camera bag
- tripod
- anti-static cloth

ENHANCED accessories
- 420 EX
- Polariser filter

Yup...u can't go wrong with wat the above 3 guys have said....;)

Happy Shooting!!!

Originally posted by GenXBoi
I just bought a G2 and I'm not sure wat accesories I should buy to further improve my camera as I am still a newbie.
Can someone enlighten me on what I should buy to protect my camera, improve photo taking ++ anything that is necessary for my G2. Thanks a lot! (If possible, pls include their prices too!)

You might just want to buy the bare essentials, like extra memory and batteries. The rest can wait. Learn how to make full use of the cameras and its functions, take lots of photos, explore different angles, etc. before buying things like add-on lenses, filters, etc.

Regards
CK

Megaweb, what are the estimate prices of the things u mention and what brand should i go for?

yup, you don't need accessories to take good pics.

what you need is maybe a UV filter to protect the lens. other things can wait until you learn more about the camera to know what you are lacking/need.

how much u bought your g2??

... ya UV filter is impt... but make sure you spend a little more for a good quality multi-coated one har! Dun waste your expensive camera lens by putting a cheepo piece of glass in front of it...:D

Megaweb, what are the estimate prices of the things u mention and what brand should i go for?

ya ... as mention by other ... you just need to get extra batt and memory at this moment :)

MUST have accessories
- extra batt
Original Canon BP511 - $115
3rd Party BP511 - $45

- extra memory CF
128M Ridata - $95

Optional accessories
- lens adapter
3rd Party 52mm - $20 <--- ???

- UV filter
HOYA 52mm UV filter - $10

- camera bag
- tripod
- anti-static cloth - $10

ENHANCED accessories
- 420 EX - $340
- Polariser filter - $32++

any G2 user wanna update me ?

Some Updates,

camera bag (D-Res Beltpack AW) - $33+
Tripod (Slik U6600) - around $45+

Cutter, is the HOYA 52mm UV filter megaweb mention considered multi coated one?

Cutter, is the HOYA 52mm UV filter megaweb mention considered multi coated one?

no . it is single coated .. .. multi coated one will cost at least 2 x more :)

megaweb, what's the difference between single coated and multi coated? Is multi coated better?

of course multicoated better...better light/colour transmission and reduced reflections... for $15-18 its worth it as something like a HMC is around the quality of your front lens element (in fact, most leave it on permanently so it is effectively the front lens element) Places like AP, CP can get that price, although Fotoguide (opp CP peninsula main shop) has among the better prices for accessories.

btw, those who want to solve vignetting problems in cams should consider getting filters bigger than the lens filter thread... like my c2100 with the super zoom+narrow lens barrel/filter thread 49mm... conveniently, I have a mix of 52,55 and 58 filters and got a step-up adaptor (49-55)... the bigger filter glass area gives a bigger angle/view cone and allows 'stacking' eg with polariser over the UV filter... dun die-die must buy the exact filter size and later complain of vignetting... cams like Pro90is cleverly use a wider barrel/filter size to overcome vignetting issues with super-zooms

megaweb, what's the difference between single coated and multi coated? Is multi coated better?

ya .. multi coated is better ... but who care .. i m using single coat :)

thank you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.