Can anybody suggest good tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hello

Hi,
I want to buy tripod. My budget range is around S$200. My requirement is height(70 inch) and resasonable weight
I do not know which model and brand will be suit for me. Manfrotto, Silk, ... :rolleyes:
TIA

Not an expert on tripod, but i juz got a new tripod from CP. The following are factors i looked-out for in order of importance. Hope this helps.;)

1) Weight proportion(Wgt of Camera vs Wgt of Tripod).
2) Buget
3) Weight of tripod - (consider if it is practical to slug a good but heavy tripod for a whole-day shoot)
4) Height of tripod - (Get one tat allows the camera to be positioned comfortably at eye-level)

Originally posted by revenant
70 inches = 178cm

Singaporeans more used to cm :D

SOme of the tripod may not meet you requirement but with a head it would....

So if you are looking for 170. Remeber to take off the high of the head..

I need 178 cm including head. Can anyone suggest me.
Thanks in advance :)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
How about the max weight of your setup? Given your height, a Manfrotto 190 and 308RC combo looks like a possibility...

A 055 would be better. Can reach 178 without having to extend the centre column too much. A 190 + 352RC can only reach 170 or so with the centre column almost fully extended.

Regards
CK

My height is 175 or so.. I am using manfrotto 190+141RC... Suit my height when fully extend...

Manfrotto Digi 719B is another option, it comes with permanent ball head and carrying case cost around $160~170 but you need to buy QR adapter unless you don't mind screw in type head. Mini QR from manfrotto will cost you arounf $35.
The weight is only 1.5kg

I believe what's REALLY IMPORTANT is to to find a tripod that can hold up to the weight of the equipment you're using. Height, to me is secondary as it can be adjusted. That's what the telescopic legs are for anyway.

Thanks a lot for giving me good advices.
Best regards
Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.