Can all the pros briefly tell me more

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphro6677

Jul 18, 2006
I started an online fashion retail store. I need to take photos of models frequent. Instead of spending money on the service of a photographer, I tend to buy a digi camera to take the shoot myself but as I'm totally new, can anyone tell me if.

1) what digi cameras are affordable? if my budget is around sgd400 - sgd600, regardless 2nd hand or new. Are there any available in the market?
2) are there any special techniques that I need to learn, and probably any place that teaches how to use such distinctive cameras?
3) besides the camera, what do I need? i heard from some bros here that cameras are only the body.
4) do i need to get a lens if im just only doing model photoshoots which do not require much zoom?

can anyone briefly explain to me more on photography? Im really interested to learn but is it possible to be self taught?

You are asking a few questions that many photographers take many years to learn, how to answer you these in just a few lines?

second thing, the quality of your product shots reflex what kind of products you are selling.

Well... for proper fashion shoots, you may need more than a simple PnS camera to deliver the punch of the shoot or effects that you would like your viewers to see. You may need to spend a lot more time on PS (photoshop) to get the effects that a SLR can deliver straight out of a cam.

You gotta learn on the exposures, effects, lighting and how to make your products stand out. This is not easy to pick up and I can tell you, most of us are still learning about this...

This is not a simple matter and such money is not easily saved. Think about it and consider carefully or else you may spend more money in the end.

For a business, especially an online one, the quality of your pics are CRUCIAL.

And I'm sure many would agree with my advice: DON'T.

Seriously, hire a photographer. First impressions are very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.