Can all lenses from sigma suitable for light rainy day and very cold temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsq1234

Sep 14, 2010
singapore
Hi all folks out there i need some basic information of does sigma lenses suitable to work in very cold or light rain situations? kindly give me some comments or answer about this topic thank in advance :) sorry i am newbie :)

Deric :)

They're designed in Japan. It gets snowy and drizzly there. So logically...

Of course, do consider that they're not weather-sealed so you shouldn't get them drenched. But for exposure to a bit of drizzle? Should be no issue.

thank for the great informations from both of you :) because i bought my Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG HSM II Macro lens for less than a month ago :) that why i need to know how to maintain it well while shooting :) Thank to both anyway :)

hi anyway what is a kiasee and kiasu attitdude?

Hi all folks out there i need some basic information of does sigma lenses suitable to work in very cold or light rain situations? kindly give me some comments or answer about this topic thank in advance :) sorry i am newbie :)

i got my tamron 19-35 & 28-75 also sigma 24-70 EX DC in a light rain more than once and evrything is still working fine after it, but i'll always wipe out the water before putting in my bag and put it inside my dry box after i reach home

hi anyway what is a kiasee and kiasu attitdude?

it's afraid to loss attitude :p

In my experience, they'll work.

Look, read, think: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615253
Drizzle is fine, nothing to worry or being scared of. Wipe the lens with a cloth and that's it.

TS, my friend came back from Harbin 2 weeks back, temperature there is -30degC, both his D7000 and lens survived the harsh weather. :bigeyes:
As for rain, unless there is a scene or object that you die-die must shoot even of light rain, then go ahead. Just wipe it dry after that. ;)

Hello thank for all the true experiences of the lenses and so kind to share those experienced information of the lens to me :D i greatly appreciated :D THANK~!!! I always never use my 70-200 during light rain because i afraid it will spoil :X that why i try to get basic information of the lens from you guys :D

TS, my friend came back from Harbin 2 weeks back, temperature there is -30degC, both his D7000 and lens survived the harsh weather. :bigeyes:
As for rain, unless there is a scene or object that you die-die must shoot even of light rain, then go ahead. Just wipe it dry after that. ;)

Oic meaning this lens is strong enough :) glad to hear that :D

They're designed in Japan. It gets snowy and drizzly there. So logically...

Of course, do consider that they're not weather-sealed so you shouldn't get them drenched. But for exposure to a bit of drizzle? Should be no issue.
ok noted thx bro :D

Status
Not open for further replies.