Can all cars 'drift' ? If yes, how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazingflames18

Mar 23, 2005
Dun tell you ...
Read somewhere that only selected cars are potential 'drifters' or 'born to drift' .... :think:

AE86.... too much exposure liao ;p

Any 'drifters' in this forum ?

:)

blazingflames18 said:
Read somewhere that only selected cars are potential 'drifters' or 'born to drift' .... :think:

AE86.... too much exposure liao ;p

Any 'drifters' in this forum ?

:)

nv see sg drivers that can drift well...

all cars can buang. only those who can control a skid (buang) is known as drifting.

Those cars that are popular to drifts are usually front engine rear wheel drive cars, like the AE86, Mazda RX-7, RX-8, Nissan Silvia etc etc.

Front engine Front wheel drive cars and 4 wheel drive cars are nearly not possible to drift. I only know 4 wheel drives cant drift, cos the once the front (or rear) wheels start to go into a skid, the other set of wheels will counter it, thus, getting in control.

but in Tokyo Drift, you see Evos drifting (especially the red Evo 9) because they converted that 4 wheel drive into a rear wheel drive car, by removing the front shaft. So that's why you see the rear wheels spining alot faster then the front wheels.

that's just all my little knowledge knows... =)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Yes all cars can drift, but not all cars are made to drift...

yup...read about that...that's y I was asking ..recommended ones were the Toyota AE86( initial-D ), skyline ..... they said rear wheel drive cars are excellent for drifting ?
:think:

All cars can drift, be it poor or skillful driver. Oop or do I mean skid?

Yes, those 10 footer lorry can drift quite good as well. ;)

http://www.driftsession.com/technique.htm .... CHECK THESE OUT :confused:

There are like a dozen of 'drift' techniques ...... or even more which are not documented

When that dude drifted his car up to the MSCP in F&F - TOKYO DRIFT ..it was quite cool :sticktong .... wonder what technique was used ? :think:

darn ...just found out that my car is not REAR WHEEL DRIVE ...not ideal for drifting :(

then how many cars here are RWD ? Most are FWD :think:....... Which are the Japanese ones that are preferred ? :) Even an EVO needs to be mod ......

blazingflames18 said:
darn ...just found out that my car is not REAR WHEEL DRIVE ...not ideal for drifting :(

then how many cars here are RWD ? Most are FWD :think:....... Which are the Japanese ones that are preferred ? :) Even an EVO needs to be mod ......

now den u know... too bad lor...

paiseh, my mom say my life valuable, only buy lousy car... so no FR, MR... sianz... at most i get is 4WD or AWD...

now den u know... too bad lor...

paiseh, my mom say my life valuable, only buy lousy car... so no FR, MR... sianz... at most i get is 4WD or AWD...

You lucky liao ley......

My mum said "walking is much healthy, she will only pay for my weekly tram ticket :faint:"

Since most cars are FWD, what if someone learn to 'drift' backwards ? :bsmilie:

then again, it will not be possible as we cant steer our back wheels...darn :sweat:

all cars can use handbrake to drift.

FF can use handbrake to drift.
FF auto or manual both can drift.

evos and skylines are 4WD, but it's possible to drift them

1) using handbrake
2) skilled drifters will be able to use footbrakes to drift.. i don't think there's a need to remove front shaft...

FRs can drift using footbrakes... i quote my friend who owns an mx-5, "damn easy to drift just turn the steering wheel the car maciam like drifting outwards already" - which is also why most cars are FF - what everyone calls "grip" cars.

MRs can also drift using footbrakes.. - honda s2000, toyota MR series...

as for RRs... i don't know if you can drift using footbrakes... there's this new mitsubishi i car that's RR.. anybody wanna try can go try buanging...

at the end of the day, all i can say is - if you're going to try on singapore roads - illegal btw - then you good luck. now 7th month don't play play...

sequitur said:
all cars can use handbrake to drift.

FF can use handbrake to drift.
FF auto or manual both can drift.

evos and skylines are 4WD, but it's possible to drift them

1) using handbrake
2) skilled drifters will be able to use footbrakes to drift.. i don't think there's a need to remove front shaft...

FRs can drift using footbrakes... i quote my friend who owns an mx-5, "damn easy to drift just turn the steering wheel the car maciam like drifting outwards already" - which is also why most cars are FF - what everyone calls "grip" cars.

MRs can also drift using footbrakes.. - honda s2000, toyota MR series...

as for RRs... i don't know if you can drift using footbrakes... there's this new mitsubishi i car that's RR.. anybody wanna try can go try buanging...

at the end of the day, all i can say is - if you're going to try on singapore roads - illegal btw - then you good luck. now 7th month don't play play...

7th month can be full time drifter, can come back every year, 7th month to be a drifter... added incentive this year, early drifter promotion... 2 month of drifting... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
7th month can be full time drifter, can come back every year, 7th month to be a drifter... added incentive this year, early drifter promotion... 2 month of drifting... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

All types of cars can drift. Certain types of cars are easier to drift. Even 4WD definitely can drift, just look at all the WRC cars, they are mostly 4WD versions, and the drivers can just drift like nobody business. Given a wet and slippery road or gravel road, you'll find yourself drifting easily, whether in control or out of control:bsmilie:

Don't forget the tires too.. cannot have too much grip.

during my younger days i've got lotsa chance to play with cars... before i actually knew there was initial d cartoon, what inspire me was i think jackie cheng 'pi li huo'... to me drifting is basically controlling the vehicle when i skidded.. have tried it on even vans, pickups, lorry, and even auto cars although definately not racing standard but it works too...

to make a good drifter, concentration power is very important.. as well as exceptional control of clutch (priority), steering wheel (speed of handling and accuracy).. i know is sounds abusd if i say this but if one is good in some arcade racing games then he should probably possess technical skill for above, the rest is guts...

but well.. theory still hard to explain... i must demostrate... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.