Can a raw file convert to JPEG?

rain-station

May 1, 2010
AMK
Hi guys i am using my canon this mornig eventually i found out that my computer cant read the files! then i realised that i have adjusted my camera to raw file haiz...

I am wondering is there anyway to convert to JPEG cos my picasa 3 cnt open the pictures.

Thanks guys.

btw, u shd have a canon software tt came with the cam to convert your raw files .

you need a raw processing/converting program to access your raw files
eg. Canon DPP (Free with your camera purchase), adobe photoshop, adobe lightroom, and others.
by default windows can't preview the raw files, but there's an add-on which you can install for windows explorer to PREVIEW the raw files on thumbnails.

Are you using Canon? You should have a program called DPP that can open raw files. From there you will be able to convert the RAW files to EXIF-JPEG files.

Thanks guys i have install the canon program, but it seems like the DPP cnt do cropping leh anyway i also dun knw hw to use that lol

Google Picassa. Its free, works with just about all camera formats and has a set of editing tools as well as being simple to use.

Open the Raw file and then choose Save As jpeg.

Thanks guys i have install the canon program, but it seems like the DPP cnt do cropping leh anyway i also dun knw hw to use that lol

Time to read your manual then.

Time to read your manual then.

When you select a specific picture, hit Alt+C, you'll be presented with another dialog that allows you to straighten the pictures and crop it too.

Download the latest Canon's RAW Codec from Canon's website and install it. Should be able to read RAW files from Windows itself.

HTH.

It can be done. Its under tools -> Start Trimming/Angle Adjustment tool. Or alternatively like what bro Dingaroo has mentioned, use the shortcut Alt+C. You just have to slowly explore the software and its capabilities.

Neither can the camera or software read your mind and do things automatically. Please put some efforts in what you are doing. Makes life and photography easier in the long way. Start with your camera manual, read the Help and Manual of the software.

yep dpp can crop.

for future shots - select raw + jpeg if your camera allows it.

i also got a canon 550d and i select raw and large.
Noticed that I have both raw and jpeg files on the memory card.

just thinking out loud.