Can a photographer be an artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
I wonder as a photographer, will make him as an artist as well? As we look into the viewfinder, focus and press the shutter, the picture was taken. But will he have the patient to draw out one by one, line by line and make the picture turn out as nice as the photo.

A definite yes but bear in mind not everyone who takes pictures are photographers. :)

Patience as an artist does not equate to passion as a photographer. A strange question. Will a patient nurse has the patience to lay bricks for a building? It is completely different.

Definitely!!! YES

You compose, you choose what is in or out of the picture. You decide whether it's high key, low key... You decide the angle...

It just goes on...

Read my take line... "With light I paint...." :)

Kenji said:
I wonder as a photographer, will make him as an artist as well? As we look into the viewfinder, focus and press the shutter, the picture was taken. But will he have the patient to draw out one by one, line by line and make the picture turn out as nice as the photo.
This is about as stupid a question it can get. And if it came from a photographer, it would be down right rediculous.

ob1canob said:
A definite yes but bear in mind not everyone who takes pictures are photographers. :)

Many just hoard for the sake of showing off. ;)

Kenji said:

Photographer also uses brush leh - the rubber blower type mah. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
Walau again... :bsmilie: :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

Sion said:

nowadays also got the more expensive brush for photographer liao lor...

Artist - black resin brush
Photographer - Blower cum brush...

Artist upgrade to Rabbit Tail Brush
Photographer - Visible Dust Brush...

and the ink we use for coating also not cheap wor... :sticktong

can we be abit more serious?
spending more time on a work does not give you more integrity as an artist. A movie which took 5 years to produce is not any better than one that took a week, based on time alone.
There are many many artists who have gone on to use the camera as their main tool. Pick up a book on contemporary art and you'll get a sense of it.

A photographer is an artist,

painting lights and shadows by using his camera as paintbrush, onto the film as his canvas.

Photography is an Art, but not all photographers are artists.

Can a artist be a photographer then. No, they see things differently or rather we don't see eye to eye, whatever that means.:dunno:

Piper said:
Photography is an Art, but not all photographers are artists.

No, no, no, no,
some are cameras and lenses collectors,
some like to compare this camera or lenses to other camera ro lenses,
some like to see pretty girls only,
and they happen to know how to take pictures.

and some people also know how to take pictures, but only do it for money.(people like me):bsmilie:

catchlights said:
No, no, no, no,
some are cameras and lenses collectors,
some like to compare this camera or lenses to other camera ro lenses,
some like to see pretty girls only,
and they happen to know how to take pictures.

and some people also know how to take pictures, but only do it for money.(people like me):bsmilie:

Please let me add on...

some don't know how to take pictures, but they do it for money. (Videographer like me).:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.