Can a photographer be an artist?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenji

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
847
0
0
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
#1
I wonder as a photographer, will make him as an artist as well? As we look into the viewfinder, focus and press the shutter, the picture was taken. But will he have the patient to draw out one by one, line by line and make the picture turn out as nice as the photo.
 

ob1canob

New Member
May 30, 2005
186
0
0
#2
A definite yes but bear in mind not everyone who takes pictures are photographers. :)
 

Yezrah

New Member
Jan 18, 2004
295
0
0
39
Sembawang
heaveartma.spaces.live.com
#3
Patience as an artist does not equate to passion as a photographer. A strange question. Will a patient nurse has the patience to lay bricks for a building? It is completely different.
 

Adiemus

New Member
May 21, 2004
1,673
1
0
45
Small island....
#6
Definitely!!! YES

You compose, you choose what is in or out of the picture. You decide whether it's high key, low key... You decide the angle...

It just goes on...

Read my take line... "With light I paint...." :)
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#7
Kenji said:
I wonder as a photographer, will make him as an artist as well? As we look into the viewfinder, focus and press the shutter, the picture was taken. But will he have the patient to draw out one by one, line by line and make the picture turn out as nice as the photo.
This is about as stupid a question it can get. And if it came from a photographer, it would be down right rediculous.
 

#9
Kenji said:
I wonder as a photographer, will make him as an artist as well? As we look into the viewfinder, focus and press the shutter, the picture was taken. But will he have the patient to draw out one by one, line by line and make the picture turn out as nice as the photo.
Photographer also uses brush leh - the rubber blower type mah. :bsmilie:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#11
Sion said:
Photographer also uses brush leh - the rubber blower type mah. :bsmilie:
nowadays also got the more expensive brush for photographer liao lor...

Artist - black resin brush
Photographer - Blower cum brush...

Artist upgrade to Rabbit Tail Brush
Photographer - Visible Dust Brush...

and the ink we use for coating also not cheap wor... :sticktong
 

mattlock

Senior Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,871
0
0
www.superhyperreal.com
#12
can we be abit more serious?
spending more time on a work does not give you more integrity as an artist. A movie which took 5 years to produce is not any better than one that took a week, based on time alone.
There are many many artists who have gone on to use the camera as their main tool. Pick up a book on contemporary art and you'll get a sense of it.
 

Piper

New Member
Oct 16, 2004
59
0
0
#15
Photography is an Art, but not all photographers are artists.
 

kenele

Senior Member
Apr 13, 2005
1,999
0
0
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
#17
Can a artist be a photographer then. No, they see things differently or rather we don't see eye to eye, whatever that means.:dunno:
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#19
Piper said:
Photography is an Art, but not all photographers are artists.

No, no, no, no,
some are cameras and lenses collectors,
some like to compare this camera or lenses to other camera ro lenses,
some like to see pretty girls only,
and they happen to know how to take pictures.

and some people also know how to take pictures, but only do it for money.(people like me):bsmilie:
 

kenele

Senior Member
Apr 13, 2005
1,999
0
0
Dover Cl East
camerarental.biz
#20
catchlights said:
No, no, no, no,
some are cameras and lenses collectors,
some like to compare this camera or lenses to other camera ro lenses,
some like to see pretty girls only,
and they happen to know how to take pictures.

and some people also know how to take pictures, but only do it for money.(people like me):bsmilie:
Please let me add on...

some don't know how to take pictures, but they do it for money. (Videographer like me).:bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom