Can a F707 last 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
In technological advances, can a Sony F707 last for one year? I'm planning to get myself a F707 via installments, but I'm afraid it will become obsolete...

It is a good camera with good performance.

it can last >10 years if you maintain it properly ;p whether it become obselete or not depends more on you than technological advances.

I'm upgrading to a 3rd digicam soon (if the price is right). the previous and current one are not obseleted by technolgy; I "obseleted" them ;p

Barring product failure, theft, damages, etc, it depends only on one thing - YOU. If you can control the urge to upgrade, etc, then it will last you a long time.

I myself has used my 2 megapixel Nikon Coolpix 950 for nearly 2.5 years already.

The F707 is a very capable camera, it should give you years of use and great pictures if taken care of properly.

Regards
CK

:p

my F707 only lasted 4 mths for me....

actually is depends on what u shoot and how demanding are u lor...if not there is not need to upgrade even there are new model come out

Is there any other digicams with the same features as the F707 like ISO Settings\Apeture\Shutterspeed or even better while being lower in MP?

Originally posted by Necroist
Is there any other digicams with the same features as the F707 like ISO Settings\Apeture\Shutterspeed or even better while being lower in MP?

You can look at the Minolta Dimage 5 for that.

Minolta? Ever since my Minolta Zoom EX1500 digicam, I'll never wanna touch minolta digicams again...

Drains too much power..

Originally posted by kamwai
:p

my F707 only lasted 4 mths for me....

actually is depends on what u shoot and how demanding are u lor...if not there is not need to upgrade even there are new model come out

I believe the F707 is more than enough for most people. What you shoot and how demanding you are should be questioned on the photographer him/herself first, not the camera. Many people just don't take time enough to learn what their cameras can do for them.

IMHO, any digi cam above 5MP with good lenses should last you a life time. If the cam can print decent A3 photos now, it still can in the next few years if you take care of it properly. DigiCam has been in a more stable status now...although there are still rooms for improvement, that might not mean much to an amatuer...or me...

Originally posted by Kit

I believe the F707 is more than enough for most people. What you shoot and how demanding you are should be questioned on the photographer him/herself first, not the camera. Many people just don't take time enough to learn what their cameras can do for them.

i know what are the good and bad points abt my F707 very well...and i know what i need, and i found that F707 is not good enough to satisfy my need, therefore I was convinced that i need an upgrade.

:)

I am using the 707 too..it's more then enough for me. For a digital cam..it's more then enough. Unless u wanna slr type. not not up to the standard to handle something like D30 etc

I did intend to get a normal SLR instead actually but if I count the cost of a good lens, + developing costs of flim and flim costs together with my inexperience and newbieness to photography, its not worth it.

Moreover digital cams allow me to view my pictures immediately, letting me analyse what is right and wrong.

I did intend to get a normal SLR instead actually but if I count the cost of a good lens, + developing costs of flim and flim costs together with my inexperience and newbieness to photography, its not worth it.

Moreover digital cams allow me to view my pictures immediately, letting me analyse what is right and wrong.

That's the best part of Digital Photography....save cost in long run.

Define "its not worth it". Are you saying you would rather save money on film costs and go digital or are you saying its just plain silly to go with film when there's digital?

Originally posted by Kit

Define "its not worth it". Are you saying you would rather save money on film costs and go digital or are you saying its just plain silly to go with film when there's digital?

I'm not that good with words, what I meant was, at this point of time, it doesn't justify me to get an SLR while I'm still a major newbie in this field.

I'll definately invest in a SLR once I get better and at least know most technical aspect of this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.