Can 50mm 1.4 take group photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousedeer213

Nov 27, 2006
Dear all

I just got one 50mm 1.4 and would to take some group photo during some event, is it possible ?? For both indoor & outdoor

What setting needed ?? Thks for your reply

Depends on the size of the group and how far away from them you are. Generally I'd recommend a wide-angle lens instead.

should be no problem but depends on how many ppl are gonna fit into the photo. perhaps u shd take a few steps back?

A-DEP, aka DoF priority mode.. that would ensure everyone in the group would be in focus, but then it would pose a problem if you're shooting indoors, the lighting and space contrains..

Yes, as long as u can fit in ur 'group' into the frame.

set ur aperture smaller, e.g. F8 or F11. so that u can get everyone 'in focus'.

Dear all

I just got one 50mm 1.4 and would to take some group photo during some event, is it possible ?? For both indoor & outdoor

Dear all

If your group comprises of less than 6 people, it's possible from a short distance. But if u're talking abt more than 10 - 20 people, u've to stand very far away, and i'm talking abt on a FF camera.

For indoors on a cropped body, I don't think the 50mm will work too well for a group. The crop factor makes it more a portrait lens. You'd be better served with a slightly wider lens. Most kit lenses should do the trick. Play with the f-stops and possibly use a bounce in the flash to compensate for the slower lens.

Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.