Can 1 cent coins still be use to transact in local?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were coins invented?:confused:
To use. But den as u wanna make ur pockets lighter (lesser metal) dun go and sabo ppl (like giving 200x 1cent coins) too.

Anyway, if u've got coins to change, tell me! I love coins. :thumbsup: The fat, full jingle's always good to hear.

Piggy bank is not a piggy bank without coins.

I thought this is a cashless society?
Cashless? :think: Look at the fees that retailers have to pay for going cashless ie. Credit Card and now NETS... and some shops want to pass on the cost to consumers... The shops in SLS don't like Credit Cards already now NETS too (Due to cut-throat competition), the ATMs will have to work more over there.

Cashless? :think: Look at the fees that retailers have to pay for going cashless ie. Credit Card and now NETS... and some shops want to pass on the cost to consumers... The shops in SLS don't like Credit Cards already now NETS too (Due to cut-throat competition), the ATMs will have to work more over there.

true true... i bought some computer hardware costing over 1k++ using cash. they printed a statement claiming that they waived the 5% GST if u pay by cash, but will charge the 5% if you use credit card or NETS payment. from my observations, practically everyone there paid using cold hard cash.

If you do have a lot of coins, why not pack them up and go to the neighbourhood shops and ask for a change for notes? :) It's a win win solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.