Camo Form - Protective Camouflage Wrap

wishxtreme

Mar 17, 2006
Just got a desert camo form wrap from Sgcamerastore this morning.

This is one of the best innovative products I ever came across. Why didn't anyone in SGP bring in such products in the past.

It served the same purpose as the gaffer tape but unlike gaffer tape which leave residue after a long period of time, this camo form wrap is not a tape and leave no residue at all.

Use it to wrap my Canon 135L and i only need to spend minimum time to measure and cut the camo form wrap and wrap around the lens. It is so easy to apply.

The wrap only stick to itself and you can stretch it to ensure it is tightly secured to your lens. The wrap can be stretched to conform to the lens and only adheres to itself.

The wrap can be removed easily and can be reused whenever you want it. You can even wash it.

The wrap is somehow water resistant but i will not say it is waterproof. The wrap adhesion will not be affected by rain.

This wrap has better grip than gaffer tape and it is a very soft cloth like wrap.

Below are some shots of my 135L which I wrapped it this evening. Not a pro in wrapping but this is the best I can do.

4394588739_6bfe84d6d1.jpg
4395357618_324521784e.jpg
4394589717_14c57ed5ee.jpg

4394590151_3a3bb16f52.jpg
4394590541_7bc5185ff7.jpg

Hmmm, i would still rather a camo sleeve.. This product gives me a feeling that you are applying bandage to the lens.. :sweat:

Thanks so much for sharing!
I personally wouldn't mind taping it up like a bandage.
Makes it more messy, and breaks the shape.
Haha... something like what the camouflage lessons we learnt in Army taught us... ;).

Last edited:
Hmmm, i would still rather a camo sleeve.. This product gives me a feeling that you are applying bandage to the lens.. :sweat:

Someone mentioned bandage? Who needs first aid? Or you need to dress a mummy?

but i thought the sleeves is only for certain lens model only? mostly the zoom lens...

You cannot compare this against the camo sleeve or coat. The price is already a huge difference.

I don't think this looks like bandage. Maybe my wrapping skill isn't that great. :embrass: There are many people out there using the camo gaffer tape and this is something which can replace that due to the unqiue features of the wrap.

Still trying out the wrap in the next few days which i will take the lens out for some shooting in the heat and may be tried some shooting in the rain too.

Last edited:
reminds me of the stuff u get when u donate blood. u know? the bandage like thing to secure the cotton on the injection site.:dunno:

You cannot compare this against the camo sleeve or coat. The price is already a huge difference.

I don't think this looks like bandage. Maybe my wrapping skill isn't that great. :embrass: There are many people out there using the camo gaffer tape and this is something which can replace that due to the unqiue features of the wrap.

Still trying out the wrap in the next few days which i will take the lens out for some shooting in the heat and may be tried some shooting in the rain too.

I wish they have several different colours.
I would prefer a camouflage design of a darker shade.

Yes, thanks again for showing me that.
I was just thinking... as it is self-adhesive, it is good for use onto objects like tripod shafts, columns and lenses.
But on camera bodies that have irregular shapes and protrusions, I wonder how useful it would be.
Compared with Gaffer tape, which can stick snugly onto the nooks and crannies of the camera body...

Yes, thanks again for showing me that.
I was just thinking... as it is self-adhesive, it is good for use onto objects like tripod shafts, columns and lenses.
But on camera bodies that have irregular shapes and protrusions, I wonder how useful it would be.
Compared with Gaffer tape, which can stick snugly onto the nooks and crannies of the camera body...

I agreed with you that it is not easy to stick on camera bodies given the fact that it is self adhesive.

Let me see if i can find a way to wrap the body.

Will have those sticky marks remaining upon removing the camo tape? Assuming you are selling off the lens some day.

Looks cool..for desert storm. but a dead giveaway to enemies with the lens reflection.

Actually the main reason why I got interested was because a seasoned photographer with whom I was on a recent trip was using these (the camouflaged version) on his lenses and they really camouflaged his lenses well.
Certainly good for lenses that are a little bit white.
In fact, I won't mind even trying out the black ones one day.

Will have those sticky marks remaining upon removing the camo tape? Assuming you are selling off the lens some day.

Looks cool..for desert storm. but a dead giveaway to enemies with the lens reflection.

This is not a tape. It is a wrap and it does not stick on the lens. It only stick onto itself.

Actually the main reason why I got interested was because a seasoned photographer with whom I was on a recent trip was using these (the camouflaged version) on his lenses and they really camouflaged his lenses well.
Certainly good for lenses that are a little bit white.
In fact, I won't mind even trying out the black ones one day.

Did some search and the main purpose of this Camo form wrap is for rifles or guns.
I might also get another black roll to try out.

hey dude..this camo form is more for the bigger lens. like the 70-200 f2.8 and above. it's doesnt really work for small lenses.

hey dude..this camo form is more for the bigger lens. like the 70-200 f2.8 and above. it's doesnt really work for small lenses.

Any reason why it is not for small lenses? Unless you are bringing the lenses for birding or other shoots which need to camo your lenses but in SGP, it is mainly for protection from the elements and scratches.

I even saw a camo gaffered 50 f1.8 which look amazing.

This product is in sg for quite sometime already. The reason it's wasn't popular because it is hard to wrap on body as it it is like a Velcro. U need to wrap on the material it self. Like the gaffers, it has its limitation.

I bought one 2 years ago to test out but was not impress with it compare to the gaffer hence didn't market it. Last year I took it off my shelf wanting to use it. The material turn sticky (which I didn't use it at all) it is different from gaffer. It leaves the sticky feel when u touch it. While gaffer is the white latex on the edge which u can rub off. That's my personal experience and reason why I didn't market it. Anyway I got mine from a local army equipment which local near raffles hotel last time for $24. Now it shift to somewhere near sim lim.

This product is in sg for quite sometime already. The reason it's wasn't popular because it is hard to wrap on body as it it is like a Velcro. U need to wrap on the material it self. Like the gaffers, it has its limitation.

I bought one 2 years ago to test out but was not impress with it compare to the gaffer hence didn't market it. Last year I took it off my shelf wanting to use it. The material turn sticky (which I didn't use it at all) it is different from gaffer. It leaves the sticky feel when u touch it. While gaffer is the white latex on the edge which u can rub off. That's my personal experience and reason why I didn't market it. Anyway I got mine from a local army equipment which local near raffles hotel last time for $24. Now it shift to somewhere near sim lim.

Oh is it? The wrap itself has a sticky feel? Mine is not sticky at all. Is it the same brand?
Gaffer tape is good but still no matter how good the gaffer tape is, after 6 months, it will definitely leave some residue on the surface but it can be rub off easily.

I also tried to wrap my bag strap and it secured nicely. haha..

For those brothers saying that it look like bandage, in fact it can use to wrap around your ankle like a bandage if you injured yourself during shooting. Multifunction wrap. hahaha

its mcnett. got it 2 yrs ago. brand new no problem. its just after 6 month or 1 yr after buying and i have not use it. One day, i take it of my shelf and wanting to use it, the product has somehow become sticky. thats why i m quite disappoint with it else it not a bad product to use for long lens. below is the photo. the item also turn yellowish. its like the material just melt and become sticky. note, i didnt put it under the sun. its in my room away from sun but maybe its humid that cause it.

Like all product, it has its good and bad. the gaffer leaves white residue at the edge is troublesome hence you need to change every 6 months. hence i dont use gaffers anymore. But this item dont leaves white residue but it kinda like melt and the whole thing feel sticky and slimy (like those expired tape feeling). so just becareful when keeping the item thats my personal experience. you can take a look at the camo form i have and feel it if you want.

camo_form.jpg

yes its like a bandage but need to cling back to itself.