Camo Form® Protective Camouflage Wrap

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Hello all,

thinking to buy this to protect my 70-200mm and also help to camo my lens while taking pix on the streets.;)
Anyone had used it, please kindly give me your feed back.

http://www.mcnett.com/Camo-Form-Protective-Camouflage-Wrap-P274.aspx

mcnc19412mdw.gif

Last edited:
bought it to try out it is not a sticker and you will have problem wrapping it. the material was left untouched for 3 months and it become very sticky and a smell from it. i have to throw it away. if you looking for camo thingy so far only gaffers are ok. but still you need to replace it every 6 months to prevent the white residue from forming at the edge.

thinking to buy this to protect my 70-200mm and also help to camo my lens while taking pix on the streets.
Anyone had used it, please kindly give me your feed back.
I think the lenscoat would be a better option for you... That one does not even use adhesive.http://www.lenscoat.com/

bought it to try out it is not a sticker and you will have problem wrapping it. the material was left untouched for 3 months and it become very sticky and a smell from it. i have to throw it away. if you looking for camo thingy so far only gaffers are ok. but still you need to replace it every 6 months to prevent the white residue from forming at the edge.

thanks for the advice eugenep!!!

I think the lenscoat would be a better option for you... That one does not even use adhesive.http://www.lenscoat.com/

thanks for the link PrimePhotog!!!

I was thinking of wraping my tripod so is it ok to do that?
:think:

had used it, and still using it .. for the 'sticky' sensation, it would help by removing the wraps and cleaning it in soap water every once in a while (cleaning instructions would be on the packaging) and keeping it in the dry box/cabinet would also help to reduce the 'stickiness'.
As mentioned also, this isnt like the usual gaffer tape, so dont expect it to work like a tape .. u would need to have contact between the wraps in order for it to hold its position

had used it, and still using it .. for the 'sticky' sensation, it would help by removing the wraps and cleaning it in soap water every once in a while (cleaning instructions would be on the packaging) and keeping it in the dry box/cabinet would also help to reduce the 'stickiness'.
As mentioned also, this isnt like the usual gaffer tape, so dont expect it to work like a tape .. u would need to have contact between the wraps in order for it to hold its position

Yupe i think i didnt keep it in the drybox or a cooling temperature area and it become very sticky and took quite sometime to wash the stickiness off the hand. i got my from the local army shop distributor. i think was S$24 last time.

Update:

anyway, i was asked by ppl to get it for them. i can get it for S$20 pre order if you need it. (including normal postage).

disclaimer: i found the old camo form i had for 2 yr. I was it and it is still sticky and i basically i left the camo form @ my room shelf and its away from the sun. hence, if you want it i can help you order @ your own risk of using it with your equipment.

Last edited: