Cameron Highlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

chade

Jan 3, 2008
Looking to do a fri-sun trip to Cameron Highlands to laze around and take a few pics

Any suggestions on

1. Travel to/fro (car rental / fly / bus)

- i'm looking for speed rather than price

2. Photo spots? (landscape)

- i'm looking for good pano spots

Any advice would be appreciated

I think Transtar Travel has a bus trip for 3D2N to cameron highlands. You leave Singapore in the evening and arrive there in the late morning. Hassle-free.

...though I'm kinda worried about late-night bus travel...

hi if take bus about 8- 9 hrs . if your driving takes about 6 hrs to reach 3 hr to kl another 3 up to cameroon :)

this is the website for bus http://www.easibook.com/onlinebooking.aspx

wide angle lens would be good or 17-50 zoom would be enough too :p

thanks all:)

If you are a good driver, I would suggest to drive there, easier, more versatile.
'Good' in the sense of you able to control the car drive through the relatively winding road. Since you drive from south, it is faster to exit NS highway from Tapah, and drive up the winding old road.

Driving also allows you to move around easier. Cameraon highland got a few interesting places scattered between Brinchang and Tanah Rata, unless you join tour (which you cannot take you own sweet time), you cannot easily go around.

Tea farm. The BOH tea farm could be very difficult to drive up (but very beautiful up there). But there is other alternative.

Rose valley. Various type of flowers... So attract various butterflies as well... Macro enthusiast will love this place.

Cactus farm. Not bad.

If you are a good driver, I would suggest to drive there, easier, more versatile.
'Good' in the sense of you able to control the car drive through the relatively winding road. Since you drive from south, it is faster to exit NS highway from Tapah, and drive up the winding old road.

Driving also allows you to move around easier. Cameraon highland got a few interesting places scattered between Brinchang and Tanah Rata, unless you join tour (which you cannot take you own sweet time), you cannot easily go around.

Tea farm. The BOH tea farm could be very difficult to drive up (but very beautiful up there). But there is other alternative.

Rose valley. Various type of flowers... So attract various butterflies as well... Macro enthusiast will love this place.

Cactus farm. Not bad.

For speed, you will have to drive up as it allows for flexibility in scheduling. I wouldn't use the old Tapah Road especially after having spent hours behind the wheel up from Singapore. Safer to use the new Simpany Pulai exit even if it is a little longer and further up north. This is a new and safe road. There is a spot for a great pano shot along the road also. For other sights, google and you will see the attractions there.

Friday to Sunday will be a little rush.

dun go to the waterfall because its basically a longkang with rubbish.

boh plantation and mossy forest can go

u can bypass tapah old winding road and exit at the nex exit to cameron highlands...

For speed, you will have to drive up as it allows for flexibility in scheduling. I wouldn't use the old Tapah Road especially after having spent hours behind the wheel up from Singapore. Safer to use the new Simpany Pulai exit even if it is a little longer and further up north. This is a new and safe road. There is a spot for a great pano shot along the road also. For other sights, google and you will see the attractions there.

Friday to Sunday will be a little rush.

It wasn't bad to drive from Simpang Pulai, but just be careful. Simpang Pulai is the 2nd exit after Tapah (Tapah - Gopeng - Simgapng Pulai), Many tends to under estimate the condition of the road. It is wider, but you need to be as careful as usual. There are many corners need to be careful. It will takes more time to drive from Simpang Pulai.

Check this: http://www.cameronhighlandsresort.com/malaysia/gettingthere.htm

It is better to drive there. coz most pano spot hard to find.

You may visit
i. BOH Tea Farm and factory for great landscape. must go but only can reach if you drive / rent a car there.
ii. Butterfly farm for some close up shot.
iii. their street market for more candit shot.

On which route to follow, i personally prefer Tapah old route. Slow but safer. Just my 2 cents.

On which route to follow, i personally prefer Tapah old route. Slow but safer. Just my 2 cents.

Quite agree. Most people feel the new road is wider thus drive faster, but when drive faster, it will be more danger.

Anyway, talking about fast, maybe can consider taking Firefly from Singapore budget terminal to Ipoh, then from the Ipoh airport rent a car drive to Cameron.

It is better to drive there. coz most pano spot hard to find.

You may visit
i. BOH Tea Farm and factory for great landscape. must go but only can reach if you drive / rent a car there.
ii. Butterfly farm for some close up shot.
iii. their street market for more candit shot.

old tapah route is narrow and lots of blind corners.
don't be afraid to use ur horn here...horn to try to let the other party on the blind side know there's a incomin vehicle...

actually,u might wan to consider going to genting and also the other hill bkt tinggi if u r not familiar with the route.....i drove to cameron b4 and it was taxing.i took abt 8hrs n kept within the speed limits

Status
Not open for further replies.