Singapore
angelapple.multiply.com
Hello, here to torture you with my pictures again. Taken last december. :D

chrose.jpg

chhouse.jpg

chtea.jpg

chlettuce.jpg

Hi Crysania,

The rose was beautiful. It could be improved by selecting a less distracting background.

In the second photo, the subject contrast very well with the background. Maybe you could cropped of the road as it seem to lead the eye out of the picture.

The photo of the tea plantation should look better with a house or some object to hold the eye.

The last picture is my favourite. It looks absolutely fresh and eatable. A picture that can convey a message is a successful picture.

I am not sure if my critique on you photo are correct, and if I am wrong, I hope someone can correct me.

Now is your turn to tear down my pictures of Cameron Highlands.
I went there 2 years ago with my Minolta D7(UG). Please take a look and any comments are welcome and appreciated.
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/6679/index.html

Regards
Ruan

Hi ruan,

Love the photo with the bee. How do you make the background dark? And how did you manage to get a bee in so many photos. ;p

Almost everything has been mentioned for these shots but i have a little something to add on. Hope you don't mind.

3rd shot is quite nice... but if you are ever able to re-shoot, try to capture it when you have the early sun rising, just before the mist fades away....

Just imagine, the light will give the picture texture, with a warmer colour tone and more shadows and highlights... and the mist would definately give it a very etheral feeling...

I know it isn't easy but thats it's always worth the extra effort to make a nice picture...

Keep shooting. :)

PS: This is the effect i was talking about.. early morning light...

Picture_184ed.sized.jpg

Originally posted by Crysania
Hi ruan,

Love the photo with the bee. How do you make the background dark? And how did you manage to get a bee in so many photos. ;p

Hi Crysania,
Glad you like my bee photos.
There are bound to have pockets of shadows in most gardens. Use them as background. I suppose if there are flowers there are bees, only problem is you have to be patient with them.
BTW, which camera did you used for your Cameron Highlands pictures?
Regards
Ruan

Thanks for the advice on the lights. Guess I couldn't really control the timing as I followed the tour guide. For my next trip, maybe I'll stay longer and explore the place on my own. ;)

I use Sony cybershot DSC-P71 for the shots.

Originally posted by Crysania
Thanks for the advice on the lights. Guess I couldn't really control the timing as I followed the tour guide. For my next trip, maybe I'll stay longer and explore the place on my own. ;)

I use Sony cybershot DSC-P71 for the shots.

Hi Crysania,
I am surprise that the DSC-P71 can take such beautiful and sharp pictures.
If you from Singapore you can do some practise taking flowers in Botanical Gardens. Here is one I took from there. It is called the "Admirers":
857152-b59c17c7678ab8ca.jpg

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/52/71/857152-b59c17c7678ab8ca.jpg
Regards
Ruan

I like the 3rd shot best; with those curves in the terrain, it shows most promise! suggest cropping away the bottom quarter to remove the clump of leaves in the lower right... :)

..NuTs..

Status
Not open for further replies.