Cameron Highlands Hotel recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachboy

Feb 5, 2004
Singapore, Jurong East
Hi guy i am planning to drive to Cameron Highlands, can anyone recomend me good hotel over there my bugdet is MY$200/night.

thx

Haven't been up there for ages now. Previously stayed at Strawberry park for about that price; no idea how much they cost these days.

Saw Equitorial's pricing to be within your budget but have never stayed there before.

thank guy for the help, will check up for the link....

anyone here been driving there before ?

The only thing I can remember is that there's a tunnel which is only 1 lane wide. Or was this at genting, I keep forgetting. Anyway lots of rain these few weeks, you might want to keep your ears & eyes peeled for news of landslide.

Go for Equitorial. In all my past 10 years I have stayed in many hotels there. Equitorial is still my no. 1 pick. Do take note that Cameron is no longer as cooling as it use to be.

Do stop by and sample the infamous Pahang Emas durianif you are a durian lover. Cause that particular durian never made it to singapore shores. It is alwayssold out before it can even reach Johore state.

Drive safe.

It would be best to go over a weekend. The most happenings are on Sundays. There's a shopping area of sorts just next to the Equatorial Hotel. You can buy just about anything that Cameron Highlands has to offer there. All stalls/shops are open on Sundays but many are closed on other days.

If you go for makan in Brinchang town, beware of some so-called restaurants serving steamboat. It's a cluster of restaurants along the main road - the opposite of the road has some hotels. I had a bad experience there in one of the restaurants. My family ordered "all you can eat" steamboat only to find out that the more expensive ingredients on display are not included. Fortunately, we hadn't started yet so we paid for the drinks and left.

The restaurants in Tanah Rata town are better. You can try the masala chicken there :thumbsup:

hmm good info thanks..... how did you guy book hotel ? book from singapore or just go over there book ?

Status
Not open for further replies.