Camera's Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffL

Nov 3, 2008
Tampines
500px.com
Is there a way to verify or check that my K200D's stabilizer is working? After upgrading from K100d to K200d recently, I have been getting more blur shots from the k200d, even though I try to hold very still. Or is it the K100d stabilizer is more effective?

jeffL, that'll be really weird. I didn't encounter that before.

jeffL, that'll be really weird. I didn't encounter that before.

Hi hjbyeo, I find it really strange too, as I can't always carry a tripod with me, I even went to buy a monopod to help. I don't seem to have the same issue with the k100d even though i'm using the same lens set up.

At slow shutter speed, i can hear the stabilizer working in the k100d, but it is totally silent for the k200d :dunno:

I can never hear the stabaliser working on my k10d. The stabaliser is ineffective beyond 1/2 sec in my experience. You can try using a 70mm lens, shoot at 1/2s without SR on and with SR on and note the difference.

try using a shutter speed more then your focal length. it might help in stablizing.:)

at what speed/lens when you experience hand shake problem. my k20d body can go as low as 1/8 sec without tripod. this is not based any standard (1/8 sec) but from personal experience and just sharing.

seefei, you got strong arms man. I can do until 1/15 only then start to move liao

not my arm lah. i cant get that "slow" with my k100d body. The shake reduction must be at least 2 to 3 stops lower for the k20d. kudos to pentax, the "interesting brand!" *wink wink*:bsmilie:

i can only get 1/4 max.. haha... are u sure its d cam? nt ur technique? coz technique is oso impt oso lei... how stable u shoot..

i can only get 1/4 max.. haha... are u sure its d cam? nt ur technique? coz technique is oso impt oso lei... how stable u shoot..

Maybe I have to improve my shooting technique & control my breathing.

seefei, you got strong arms man. I can do until 1/15 only then start to move liao

proper breathing technique, and bracing can also help.. :)

sometimes, when you don't have tripod, it's worth a try, just give it a few shots, usually at least one of them will be usable.. within reasonable limits though. like, don't expect to be able to handhold 2 seconds. also depends on focal length. 10mm is relatively easy to handhold compared to 200mm, for example.

btw, ts, the k20d's anti shake also silent, but confirm working, because i always forget to turn it on, there's a significant difference when it is on versus off.

btw, ts, the k20d's anti shake also silent, but confirm working, because i always forget to turn it on, there's a significant difference when it is on versus off.

Sorry to hijack.. why it's recommended to turn the SR off when using tripod? Isn't it better just to leave it on? If this is the case, why do we have the option to turn on & off - might as well have it default on all the way.. :dunno:

Sorry to hijack.. why it's recommended to turn the SR off when using tripod? Isn't it better just to leave it on? If this is the case, why do we have the option to turn on & off - might as well have it default on all the way.. :dunno:

because if you're correcting for something that's not there, you will overcorrect..

when a camera is on a good tripod , chances are that it won't be shaking in any way. but if the ccd shfit mechanism is still working, it may try to compensate for something that's not there, and you end up getting a image that was less sharp that it could be.

also, SR drains battery for long exposures (which you usually use tripod for).. :)

night86mare, thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.