Camera with you, walking on the streets.

When walking on the streets.. Do you

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
I was just wondering, when you bring your camera out, do you keep them in the bag until there is something to take, or walk around with your camera hanging?

Do poll :D

i put it in my bag most of the time.

but sometimes i wished i took them out soone :(

hehe.. anyhow, once it's out.. it'll take some time before it goes in again.. ;)

i'll keep it hanging around or i hold it in hand coz i scare i missed any interesting things that can be shot :)

Keep it in my bag, since I'll normally hold my pocket pc on my hand. :D

For me, when i walk on the streets.. i always keep my camera in my bag.. cause scared ar.. when you take it out, everyone stares at you... then walk away... so like.. haha

camera will be hanging on my shoulder strap, power on at all times, lcd screen off (to conserve batteries). for quick grab shots, shoot using the viewfinder, otherwise frame using the lcd. can easily shoot for a whole day on a single set of batteries. a small & light camera helps.

I keep it in the bag until something happens. However if it is my prosumer then I would have it around my neck or holding it...ready for a shot.

on the hand if i am in shooting mode, else sling by the shoulder

My camera is always with me in my bag wherever I go.. :D I used it when I'm waiting for friends, when I see interesting things..

If I'm on a dedicated photo trip, then it's always in my hand...

haha, wonder who is the one tat is paiseh....usually i'll sling it on my shoulders. at least the people know you are shooting pics and not trying to look like paparazi---> suddenly whip out your camera n start snapping.

Sion said:
When I take the camera out walking the streets, my wife always carries the camera and I carry the shopping bags.

Have you try to shoot carrying 3 shopping bags with two hands?

HAHAHA! HUSBANDS! All the same every where! i also got the same experience.

for street shoots, it is advisable to hang it around your neck, just like a tourist.

1. they think you are a tourist
2. won't be surprised if you snap at anything and everything
3. if you snap them, see point 1 & 2
4. security people will approach you if you suddenly flip out a camera, so you want point 1 and apologise
5. smile at those who notice your camera, make some gestures and take a shot of them.
6. you won't miss opportunities and see point 5 for more opportunities

Caspere said:
for street shoots, it is advisable to hang it around your neck, just like a tourist.

1. they think you are a tourist
2. won't be surprised if you snap at anything and everything
3. if you snap them, see point 1 & 2
4. security people will approach you if you suddenly flip out a camera, so you want point 1 and apologise
5. smile at those who notice your camera, make some gestures and take a shot of them.
6. you won't miss opportunities and see point 5 for more opportunities

Good points. May I add three further points to enhance the "Singapore tourist" image?

7. Wear a Merlion T-shirt.

8. Carry a Singapore streetmap.

9. Drop "lah" at the end of sentences.

Now you can go everywhere in the island and shoot at everything at will. The only problem is that the shopkeepers and hawkers might want to charge you more.

... Haa.. Isn't like like too overkill just for a photo shoot? I dunno if i can pass off as a tourist.. haha shall try.. :D

well... when I was younger, I acted like a showoff... adopting a camera ready to shoot posture. But now, for security reason, I usually do not show my camera until ready to shoot, especially in areas where I am unsure of my security. It could be that now I am more aware of the difficult economic times we are experiencing.

most of the time i will keep in bag, until there's something interesting, i shoot, then hang on with it and continue walking, after sometime if nothing else already, i'll keep it again. :D

for such stuff..i will brign alogn a digicam to lighten up the load :think:

OzOn3 said:
I was just wondering, when you bring your camera out, do you keep them in the bag until there is something to take, or walk around with your camera hanging?

Do poll :D

Will take out to shoot when see chio bus :D

Status
Not open for further replies.