Camera with 14 millions pixels of Kodak

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonski

Apr 22, 2002
SG
www.photonski.com
20.09.2002 - KODAK will present on photokina the professional DCS camera, the interior life is a NIKON F 80 the external housing is from KODAK and looks good. The camera has 14 million a full surface chip (CMOS self-development of KODAK) and two memory card-guide (CF and MMC) - between this Card Slots the data can be kopiert=gesichert. The software is professionally good.
Price conception approx.. 5,000 US $. available starting from at the end of of 2002.

http://www.naturbilder.de/newswriter/

US$5000 and it's using the F80?!?!?

This is really confusing, 14MP high-end DSLR is based on F80?...

Maybe the rumours are wrong. :p

Maybe they started development with F80 long back then the 14MP chip came later and they jacked up the price.

they lost the license for pro bodies from nikon and canon right?

Also read that Canon has a 11.1 megapixel camera out too at Photokina? Anyone can translate.

i'd rather pay that kind of money for a 'pro-er' body, like canon's or nikon's. 5000 for a F80-like body is simply a waste of money. but it's light though.

Originally posted by Kit
http://digitalphotonews.ws/

Looks like an S2 Pro with vert. grip. Its listed as $4000, not $5000.

Hmm.... the vert grip looks funny, how come the release button is wrongly placed? Shouldn't it be near the grip side of the camera?

DCS14n.jpg

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Kit
Eh? I don't think that's the release button lah. If i remembered correctly, the DCS 760 also has that thing on that corner.

Left hand shutter release? :D

The whole thing looks weird in this angle, like wide angle distortion. ;p

Regards
CK

is it that they use the new sensor as a replacement for the film? and they have the separate battery pack for the "digital film" . That is why it is based on the F80. Therefore, we can use it in a more "tradisional" way. If it is like that, the current DCs in the market will be eliminated soon:confused:

Originally posted by Pinoy
... and the D30s even further down! :D

:Later,

Price of all digicams must come down!

Status
Not open for further replies.