Camera Trigger Security Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wai

Jan 17, 2002
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Went to MPH@Bishan last night, carrying my camera + accessories in my usual bag and nothing else

once i walk into MPH, the alarm trigger, the staff ask if i got any books from National Libaray (Those books wiill trigger NTU Libaray's alarm) or if i just purchase anythings which have security tags on it.

I open my bag and show him that i only have a camera, and it is the camera that trigger the alarm

when i left MPH, i was 'greeted' by the alarm again....so i am very sure that it is not a false alarm

your D30 triggered the alarm?

that's funny. :D

Originally posted by kamwai

I dun think there is any bar code on camera, lenes and flash

duh...alarm system such as that...dun work thru bar code ?
it is the metallic strip in the barcode...one kind...the other kind is magnetised with a certain field...correct me if i am wrong...

next time, bring a bar of magnet to try. or maybe try a horseshoe magnet.

oops, i talking nonsense. i kok myself :kok:

Originally posted by Blankies

duh...alarm system such as that...dun work thru bar code ?
it is the metallic strip in the barcode...one kind...the other kind is magnetised with a certain field...correct me if i am wrong...

sometime when I bought DVD, the metallic strip is still inside the barcode but the alarm never trigger because once you purchased a prodcut, they will scan the bar code, the computer will tell " ok, this product is safe to leave the shop".

hence, when u leave the shop with the bar code(with metallice thingy inside), the alarm will not trigger. coz it was already registered.

collect me if i'm wrong. ;p

no lar...there is REALLY TWO magnetic strip inside...

library, DVD shop, shopping center, book store...all place this little strip into the products...

these two magnetic strip will produce certain kind of frequency which can be detected by the scanner at the entrance

when u paid $$ at the cashier, this magnetic strip will be removed by the cashier (for shopping center/DVD shop)

for book store and library, this scrip is hidden between one of the pages or inserted into the book, then when u check out, the book will be "demagnetised" , that's why u see there is a warning that never leave your ATM/Credit card on the cashier table cos it is where the "demagnetise" machine is placed, if your card kenna demagnetised, u should know what will happen rite?

dun believe, open your library book page by page and look for this magnetic strip, there may be more than one, so dun think that once u removed this strip, the book will not be detected :devil:

there are many way to work around this....but dun think should discuss here...if u get caught...dun say i teach one!!!

Originally posted by ninelives

sometime when I bought DVD, the metallic strip is still inside the barcode but the alarm never trigger because once you purchased a prodcut, they will scan the bar code, the computer will tell " ok, this product is safe to leave the shop".

hence, when u leave the shop with the bar code(with metallice thingy inside), the alarm will not trigger. coz it was already registered.

collect me if i'm wrong. ;p

must be demagnectised liao...

those scanners ...the vertical stands which you pass...cannot scan thebarcode... cos there is not direct liine of sight...also..think that even there is direct line of sight...the vertical stands are using some magnectic i think...

Originally posted by kamwai
no lar...there is REALLY TWO magnetic strip inside...

library, DVD shop, shopping center, book store...all place this little strip into the products...

these two magnetic strip will produce certain kind of frequency which can be detected by the scanner at the entrance

when u paid $$ at the cashier, this magnetic strip will be removed by the cashier (for shopping center/DVD shop)

for book store and library, this scrip is hidden between one of the pages or inserted into the book, then when u check out, the book will be "demagnetised" , that's why u see there is a warning that never leave your ATM/Credit card on the cashier table cos it is where the "demagnetise" machine is placed, if your card kenna demagnetised, u should know what will happen rite?

dun believe, open your library book page by page and look for this magnetic strip, there may be more than one, so dun think that once u removed this strip, the book will not be detected :devil:

there are many way to work around this....but dun think should discuss here...if u get caught...dun say i teach one!!!

I find the mag strips very irritating, and a pain to remove. They are present in the magazines from certain bookstores too. And it's not like they are very thin, some are like 0.5mm thick!

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

I find the mag strips very irritating, and a pain to remove. They are present in the magazines from certain bookstores too. And it's not like they are very thin, some are like 0.5mm thick!

Regards
CK

yes...they are really tough, sticky and SHARP too...my finger was cut when i play with it last time...dun think it is 0.5mm think....abt 3 pieces of paper thick only...

sorry to crash on this thread, but i read an article stating that cats rate of getting cancer is 100% if any owers in the house smoke, hope you do not own one ninelives!

Status
Not open for further replies.