Camera Travel backpack recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surflim

May 28, 2007
Dear Snappers,

Any recommendation for any Camera back pack for 2 D3 & a couple of heavy lenses especially good for traveller?

Currently my camera bag is a sling one which is so tiring even when i travel with one camera and 3 lenses moreover with my tripod.

i'm quite like the National Geographic one which i loan from, i like the Canvas beige design but the thing is the space still seems to be a little constraint.

Could any kind souls kindly recommend any good shops with variety of good bags?

;)

Thanks!!

i have Crumpler Karachi outpost and Lowepro Computrekker.

for you setup i'd suggest computrekker . great storage.

Think Tank Shapeshifter.

I use that when travelling.
Packed it with 2 body, 4 lenses, 1 flash, 1 Macbook, and a lot of accessories inside.

I also have the Lowepro Nature Trekker, but I find the padding too thick, and have trouble slotting it into some aircraft overhead compartments.

Last edited:
Dear Snappers,

Any recommendation for any Camera back pack for 2 D3 & a couple of heavy lenses especially good for traveller?

Currently my camera bag is a sling one which is so tiring even when i travel with one camera and 3 lenses moreover with my tripod.

i'm quite like the National Geographic one which i loan from, i like the Canvas beige design but the thing is the space still seems to be a little constraint.

Could any kind souls kindly recommend any good shops with variety of good bags?

;)

Thanks!!
Go Cathay Photo, Orient Photo as well as The Camera Workshop to try out those recommended. These 3 places probably has the largest camera bags collection.

Can go to TK Photo at Beach Road. They have thinktank, lowepro, crumpler etc. I think they stock most of the camera bag brands. Price is cheaper than Cathay for Lowepro

Can try think thank streewalker hard drive or airport take off.

i m using harddrive. i can load 2 bodies, 5 lens and 1 flash with space for assorted accessories like cables, filters and cleaning kit, and a macbook as well.

Last edited:
Dear Bros,

Thanks for your kind advises! Really appreciated! :D

I have read reviews on Lowe & Think Tank.

Think Tank shape shifter seems to be quite ideal as it is expandable & not so bulky.
Lowe Photo trekker and Nature Trekker is great too in the sense of storage space & how protective to your gear it is, but the only con i see is that its quite bulky even you have remove all your gears.

I have check with TK foto on "Shape Shifter", its pricing at $349.00. Any body knows who else selling Think tank products?

Thanks

Orient Photo, but the Shapeshifter is around that price anyway

2 x D3 and lens for travel? Shape shifter seem to be a good choice..

Status
Not open for further replies.