Camera that takes passport photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

copland

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Hi, I am intending to purchase a camera that can take passport photo and produce them on the spot. Its similar to those cameras used by small photo shops that offer passport taking services.

Anyone out there can guide me re:
- where I can buy one
- what is the price range so that i won't kanna chop carrot head
- any trusted brand I shd go for
- etc

Appreciate any advise.

Called Alan Photo. They said they don't carry such cameras but suggested I check with Cathay Photo. When I asked him around how much it would probably be, the guy on the phone mentioned $100-200.

Called Cathay Photo (Peninsular). A lady answered and said that there is only one model they carry and that is a Polaroid 403 which is $1880. I almost fell off my chair.

Yeah, but what're you using it for? Unless you're a professional studio owner or something, why don't you try taking a normal portrait using a digital camera, reproduce and resize to quarters, then print out?

That one is a professional Passport photo, of course expensive lah ...... if not one set of photo more expensive then a normal photograph? The film also expensive hor .....

If want cheaper, get the Poloraid MiniPortrait 203 .... also more then 1k ;)

tingchiyen said:
You're talking about the Polaroid passport-camera with four lenses.
Check out this site: http://www.polaroid.com/products/pr...3&bmUID=1082690525387&PRDREG=null&sc=passport

Don't know what the price range is, but there's one in the window of Fee Fee, near KT.

Thanks for the link.

The camera is actually for taking passport photos of workers for work permit purposes by my brother who runs a company. Don't think he needs a professional looking one like the 4 lenses one. Furthermore, it seems very expensive.

Checked with my brother and he needs a solution that is portable that can generate photos (around passport/IC size) of his workers on the spot in case he need it to make temporary passes at job sites. So cannot use PC cum photo printer solution.

I am now looking at those consumer/fun instant cameras produced by Fuji or Polaroid. Anyone know any model that can produce IC/Passport sized photo?

Saw this konica shop at cityhall take passport photo with olympus digi cam and slot in the SM card to the Olympus printer to print out 4 passport size photo. NO PC required.

Maybe canon camera/printer had similar features also.

copland said:
Checked with my brother and he needs a solution that is portable that can generate photos (around passport/IC size) of his workers on the spot in case he need it to make temporary passes at job sites. So cannot use PC cum photo printer solution.

I am now looking at those consumer/fun instant cameras produced by Fuji or Polaroid. Anyone know any model that can produce IC/Passport sized photo?
I bought mine (Fuji) instant camera for about 89 SGD. The film is around 1 SGD/piece. The size it produce is a wallet size, so your brother still need to cut cut to make it passport size :D ...

bangkuangz said:
I bought mine (Fuji) instant camera for about 89 SGD. The film is around 1 SGD/piece. The size it produce is a wallet size, so your brother still need to cut cut to make it passport size :D ...

Hmm, may check this out. Thanks.

tantingchin said:
i think i saw one passport photo camera in Yahoo! singapore auction. You might want to make a search there. It is about $100 if i am not wrong.

Can provide link? I searched and only found a passport photo cutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.