Camera straps in Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecow

Feb 18, 2008
Just wondering if you guys store your gear together with the straps in the dry cabinet...
Or do you guys remove the camera straps before storage? But wouldn't that be very inconvenient especially those using straps w/o quick release? Would it slow down the dehumidifying process, since the straps (relatively) contain a lot of moisture?

I just lugged back an unwanted digi-cabi from my uncle's place and while setting up, this 'issue' came to mind.

Hope to hear some views :)

For me, i jus put it with the strap, mine is not q/release but in my opinion it does'nt matter. Unless you came back from a shoot in the rain and dump it inside straight den think might slow down the dehumifying process well i could be wrong too.

I will keep the cam with the strap attached in the dry cabinet too. Don't worry, there wouldn't be any adverse effect.

ok, i put my cams in along with straps

however, i just had a thought after reading this thread...

seeing as the straps are the bits that 'absorb' the most amount of moisture, maybe it explains why it takes longer for humidity to go down than when just replacing lenses into dry cab. so perhaps take out the straps?

but just a thought. i'll still put my cams in along with straps :D

(nikon has quite fiddly straps)

i just put everything in the cabinet. straps, lens caps and all. no adverse effects. besides, if you do have leather straps or cases, i think the dry cabinet also prevents them from getting mouldy.

thanks everyone for sharing! the RH has stabilized already. gonna just dump everything in too!

Oh yah, the temperature stays at 28deg C. That's normal right?

If I've been out in the sun shooting all day long, and my stars are soaked in sweat ... and if I got caught in the rain, and the straps got soaked, they get a simple fresh water rinse and tumble dry, then air dry and back to normal use.

If they feel dry or dryish, then straight into dry cab it goes.

I put mine into the dry cabinet, so far(6 years) the strap is ok...;)

We all had same question in our minds a long time ago.
I guess it will not destroy your strap.

But....

be careful about the strap catching on to expensive lenses or other camera bodies inside the dry box.

when you pull out your camera body with the strap in a hurry or carelessly, the lenses or bodies may be pulled out accidentally and end up crashing on the floor.

We all had same question in our minds a long time ago.
I guess it will not destroy your strap.

But....

be careful about the strap catching on to expensive lenses or other camera bodies inside the dry box.

when you pull out your camera body with the strap in a hurry or carelessly, the lenses or bodies may be pulled out accidentally and end up crashing on the floor.

Yes i agree, but i always fold my strap neatly and place it behind the camera. This way when u take out the camera with the strap together, chance of catching on to other equipment will be reduced. In fact, my lenses and cameras are placed on different shelves.

I fold my strap neatly and store in the cabinet. My camera was stored alone on the top shelve while 2 other lenses are on the 2nd. :)

Had been storing it for about 1 year. So far, no problem at all. :)

I fold my strap neatly and store in the cabinet. My camera was stored alone on the top shelve while 2 other lenses are on the 2nd. :)

Had been storing it for about 1 year. So far, no problem at all. :)

Haha same! My lenses are also stored on the 2nd shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.