Camera Strap

Kongfu

Sep 16, 2011
S'pore, Sengkang
Hi Bros,

Sorry if I have posted this thread in the wrong place but I was in Marina Square a couple of days ago and witness an incident which make me fell worried if it could happen to me.

There's girl was walking along with her friends and camera lug ard her neck. All of a sudden, the camera was on the floor. I dunno which part of her strap gave way cos she quickly pick up the camera and move on(but feel so sad for her as you can see her "OMG" face as she walk pass me).

This has make me wonder actually how safe is the strap that comes with our camera? Btw, she's a nikon user but I believe the strap are supposed to be mfg to withstand our camera weight right no??

I have being using Nikon cameras for more than twenty over years, even with normal wear and tear, the original strap will last for many years,
there is a possibility of the strap is not secure properly.

thread move to appropriate section.

it's only as good as you tie it. all knots will eventually loosen, so check your strap from time to time.

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your suggestion. Maybe I shd just sew the loose end up to have a peace of mind :p

I have being using Nikon cameras for more than twenty over years, even with normal wear and tear, the original strap will last for many years,
there is a possibility of the strap is not secure properly.

thread move to appropriate section.

Hi Bro,

I thought so too. I was previously using the Canon 600D and since it's light I felt it's pretty alright. But switch to a 60D n 17-55 recently. You can immediately feel the difference in weight and witnessing something like this really have me worried lol.... I agree her strap might not be properly secure...

And sorry for posting in a wrong section :p

get a black rapid strap, very secure.
been using it for sometime now.

Quite obvious that it wasn't properly secured.

If you secured it correctly, you can try using your bare hands and pull it and it wouldn't move at all until u break that buckle.

Valkarian said:
if kit lens the camera should still work with the lens ok. but if anything heavier...

Not necessarily, some lenses can really take a beating;)

If you secured it correctly, you can try using your bare hands and pull it and it wouldn't move at all until u break that buckle.

yeah..i always do this test first...

Even through wear & tear.. i do think it is highly possible the buckle breaks first rather than the strap itself.

get a black rapid strap, very secure.
been using it for sometime now.

Tot of that too but as I'm always carrying my backpack so I dunno if it'll feel awkward to sling it that way with bag pad on your shoulder as well.

Hmmm...ya I'll try it before my use the next time..thanks :)

Just wondering, did you see whether the camera was still working? :eek:

Hi Bro,

No doubt the lensdin break, I cant guarantee if the electrical parts inside is working bo cos she just pick it up and move on w/o checking(I guess she must have felt so paiseh that she'll move to a less crowded place and test it)...Anyway I felt it's a lesson learnt...Always check that the strap is properly secure before each use. Better b safe than to b sorry ya ...

Tot of that too but as I'm always carrying my backpack so I dunno if it'll feel awkward to sling it that way with bag pad on your shoulder as well.

sling the black rapid strap first, then put on your backpack.
this is what i did, when i was in hk, slinged my black rapid before
i put on my shapeshifter. so far there's no hindrance caused by
the back..

sling the black rapid strap first, then put on your backpack.
this is what i did, when i was in hk, slinged my black rapid before
i put on my shapeshifter. so far there's no hindrance caused by
the back..

Hmmm gd idea hor....can consider le and i think CP having a promotion but dunno if it's the rapid or some other brand....thanks bro! :)