camera strap with quick release or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjaaa

May 14, 2005
Any views and remarks on camera strap with quick release or not?
:dunno:

:dunno: why do ppl need quick release? since there is an option. :dunno:

i think Ninjaaa is referring to optech strap, they comes with quick release.

Martin Strap also got QR.

:confused: :dunno: :think:

Hmmmm I have an Optech with quick release.... so far so good and its more comfortable than nikon strap IMO... but after a month of using i decided not to use a strap with quick release.... it is all psycological. Somehow, I am just worried that my heavy glass would break if the quick release got activated by accident or should the quick release give way. no point putting thousand of dollars at risk so now i use the strap included with my camera... just my $0.02 worth

:think: :confused: then why do strap comes with quick release?

Ninjaaa said:
:think: :confused: then why do strap comes with quick release?

The two reasons I can think of:
1: Easier to pack your camera into a top loader bag, b'cos the pad on the strap is quite thick.

2. The strap can be uncliped anytime for cleaning purpose.

Like you say, the clip may accidentally unclip, but what worry me most is, it is easier for your camera to be snatched away.

my 2 cents...

:think: :think: :think:

yah. that's one of the main reasons why I've not bought the optech straps yet... the QR really worries me..

http://www.upstrap.com

I'm in the process of asking them the shipping price for 10 pieces. If Steve McCurry approves of it, hell I'm taking one.

have used the optech straps for more than 3 years and haven't accidentally activated the quick release before.

Quick-release on tripod: Yes.
Quick-release on cameras: No.

I'm absolutely paranoid over quick-releases as I'm quite careless with my stuff at times.

But its ok if my tripod comes with a quick release as I can beat da shit outta any hooligan almost immediately.

Same as mpenza, been using optech straps for more than 3 years, never even came close to accidentally unclipping the strap QR. And these are way more comfortable than the stock straps ...

But the psychological factor is not to be sniffed at ... in the first few times I went out with the optech strap, I was extremely careful :)

Optech straps is a American product, we all know what kind of country is this, if anyone is worry of accidentally unclip it, this is extremely paranoid, I don’t think it happen it before, if not optech straps will close down long ago.

I always see photographers leave the camera on the table but let the straps dangling at the table edge, this is even higher chance that the camera will hit the ground.

The quick release facilitates removal... It's useful when you're storing the camera into the dry cabinet.. Remove the strap and leave it out to sun.. The strap absorbs lots of moisture so you'd not want to put it into the cabinet with your lenses and cameras.

:think: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.