Camera Strap for Nikon D7100

Pokka

Aug 17, 2002
terencesim.com
Hi. Im looking to buy a camera strap for 1 dslr. Usual lenses that I go with my D7100 are:
1) Tamron 17-50 f2.8
2) Nikon 50mm f1.8

Am heading to Europe this Oct 2016.

Any recommendations for a good camera strap? Will be travelling free and easy and will be also having a trolley in hand too.

Terence

Thanks! Is that a brand? Will go google..thanks

I recommend Op/Tech Pro Loop. Easily available in any good camera shop. I have three.

Artisan and artist easy slider

Thank u. Went down to riceball at funan to try. Will be trying out.
Anyone tried a side sling with a neck strap before?

The recommendations are pretty good. The A&A easy slider, while expensive, is really great for travelling. It allows you to easily change the length of the strap and this can be quite useful.

The Op/Tech Pro does distribute the weight of the camera pretty well and that's a plus when travelling. I quite like it unless my gear is super heavy. The neoprene material is quite elastic so you can feel the camera bounce a little. The strap can certainly take the weight but, psychologically, there were moments that I thought my camera was about to drop :bsmilie: (it's just in my mind and I've no doubts that the strap is definitely sturdy enough).

Another option is the Domke Gripper. The strap is very sturdy and the gripping strips ensures that the strap is unlikely to slip off your shoulder.

optech..been using since my first dslr. really very good

The recommendations are pretty good. The A&A easy slider, while expensive, is really great for travelling. It allows you to easily change the length of the strap and this can be quite useful.

The Op/Tech Pro does distribute the weight of the camera pretty well and that's a plus when travelling. I quite like it unless my gear is super heavy. The neoprene material is quite elastic so you can feel the camera bounce a little. The strap can certainly take the weight but, psychologically, there were moments that I thought my camera was about to drop :bsmilie: (it's just in my mind and I've no doubts that the strap is definitely sturdy enough).

Another option is the Domke Gripper. The strap is very sturdy and the gripping strips ensures that the strap is unlikely to slip off your shoulder.

Thanks. Which shop do u recommend that i head down to try?

I use the opttech system, and its great.

You can buy the looped clip to tie to your backpack straps so you can just clip on your bag directly.

Best parts, its very cost effective (cheap!)

You can get them from Cathay or TK foto.

What do u usually use? No strap?

I normally have the camera in my hand or in my bag
no reason to hang it around my shoulder or neck for long periods of time unless i need to
when travelling, it is better to clip it to the harness of the backpack

Suggest getting a backpack than sling a camera strap around.

When not using, keep in the pack that have easy access or hold in the hand when shooting. At least during the usual commute, the camera is not exposed and dangling around.

The lowepro Passport Sling III is a good option but not the only one for lightweight gear like a Crop sensor DSLR and one lens.

Hi. Thanks for the recommendations.
Anyone has experience with rapid black?

Hi guys. Thanks for all the help and comments. I've ordered it online and will receive it in 8 days time. Cheers!

Total was $72.90 including shipping from san francisco to singapore. Cheers!