camera shops return policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
I just read the thread about lords accepting returns from customers AFTER he has used the lens for 2 back to back shots...

That definately puts me off from shopping from lords in the future. How about other shops? I know Mscolor accepts returns for camera bodies if there are dead pixels but only like within a couple of days which is ok. Never returned a lens to MScolor b4.

How about cathay photo? I only bought my E1 14-54 from them and it was ok so never return anything.

TKphoto? AP? When I buy a lens brand new I REALLY hope it is not been used b4.

This reminds me of PSP shopping where so many PSPs get returned to the shops and you have to like try 10 sets to get one good one.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
wind30 said:
I just read the thread about lords accepting returns from customers AFTER he has used the lens for 2 back to back shots...

That definately puts me off from shopping from lords in the future. How about other shops? I know Mscolor accepts returns for camera bodies if there are dead pixels but only like within a couple of days which is ok. Never returned a lens to MScolor b4.

How about cathay photo? I only bought my E1 14-54 from them and it was ok so never return anything.

TKphoto? AP? When I buy a lens brand new I REALLY hope it is not been used b4.

This reminds me of PSP shopping where so many PSPs get returned to the shops and you have to like try 10 sets to get one good one.
I did ask CP once to try out several of their Nikkor 17-55mm lens and will decide which one to take within 4 hours, 4 hours is the time I need scrutinise them on my notebook, but they do not allow that. Even when I said I'd only test it in their shop and in their presence.

I don't know about others who are frequent buyers at CP if they are allowed more leeway than I.

It really irks me to think that if buying from other "reputable shops" there could be a possibility that I may get not "virgin" new. Now knowing this, I wonder if people still want to recommend such shops... I certainly won't... hate to think that if any of my new lens have been brought overseas in cold weather in someone elses camera bag in airplanes and sold to me as brand new.

I don't think I can accept that. :nono:

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.