Camera Shops in Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aperture

Aug 11, 2005
Katong
360.yahoo.com
Hi all, any recommended camera shops in Tokyo with good prices? Appreciate your insights. Thanks!

Bic camera, Yodobashi and Sakuraya usually have very good deals. These are chain stores so they have various branches. Pick up any travel guide and they'll be listed. Note however that the warranty may only be JP warranty only and not international warranty.

ShutterBugL said:
Bic camera, Yodobashi and Sakuraya usually have very good deals. These are chain stores so they have various branches. Pick up any travel guide and they'll be listed. Note however that the warranty may only be JP warranty only and not international warranty.

Thanks for the info.

I don't think the deals at Yodabashi are that good, but certainly worth checking out. While you're there go next door to Mapcamera (2 stores, next door to each other and next door to Yodabashi) as well.

Hmm... don't think I saw that store. Yodobashi has several outlets. Which area in Tokyo is Mapcamera located?

ShutterBugL said:
Hmm... don't think I saw that store. Yodobashi has several outlets. Which area in Tokyo is Mapcamera located?

i have been there and they have 2 building. it is at Shinjuku. Will let you have their map later when I scan it.

Behind Yodoyabashi Camera see number 1 and number 2 in picture.
map_of_mapcamera.JPG

See the inside before going, dont drool...
map_camera_inside.JPG

I remember there is also one second hand / First hand camera shop at Ikebukuro opposite Bic camera beside a karaoke shop. it is on the second floor. Near the Ikebukuro main entrance. But really difficult to explain. If you can find the bic camera shop that sells camera. It is directly opposite if I remember correctly. I went there to get 2 lens which is at very reasonable lens. Though its second hand.

This is the shop when I test my new lens.

1)
189.JPG

2)
260.JPG

3)
338.JPG

I remember that day was still snowing...I miss those days....

Mapcamera also provides 6 months shop warranty for all used equipment, but do not bargain at all, marked price is final.

cyber_m0nkey said:
Mapcamera also provides 6 months shop warranty for all used equipment, but do not bargain at all, marked price is final.

true. I tried bargain and the boss say very cheap already in Japanese.

In the end got the price stated. Reasonable price.

I missed the chance when I saw 2 AFD 180mm f/2.8 selling at each $20000 yen = SGD $280

i didnt buy at that time because 5% of the coat on the front element was gone. But still in very good shape overall.

Argh .......

Guys...thxs for all the great info. Appreciate that. Drooling already.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.