Camera Servicing & Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
I have recently managed to "inherit" a SLR and some equipment
and i need to send it for servicing. Would it be better to send it down to the main Nikon repair centre @ Leng Kee Road?

Or would places like John 3:16, CP or AP do a good job @ a better price?

Kindly advise?

1. Nikon F-601 (Looks mouldy and the mirror refuses to pop back down)

2. Nikkor 35-70mm (Looks mouldy)

3. Sigma 70-210mm (Looks mouldy)

4. Nikon Speed light SB-24 (Flash) (In working order. Does flashguns need to be serviced?)

If anyone has encountered the same problem before or had the same types of servicing and repairs carried, how much did it cost you? I need to get a rough gauge.

Thank you.

Kindly advise & enlighten.

i once seen a camera repair shop on the top floor of city plaza. It near Paya Lebar MRT. It not try it though but quite nice ppl, did talk to them!

Prime, the 2nd hand shop beside CP, i'm not sure if they still provide cleaning and repairing service now. they use to provide cleaning and repairing when they haven't move over to Peni. Plaza. you may want to try there....

Cheer...

Another thing..... the boss sometime have the habit of offering you a second option..... and that is, how bout selling your stuffs? or how bout a trade in?

can try camera workshop @ peninsula shopping centre (across the road from cathay photo @ peninsula plaza (or issit the other way round... i always mix up "plaza" with "shopping center"...) anyway look for Ruby Photo, and the Camera Workshop is diagonally opposite it. can just bring it in to them for a quote first... your Nikkor and Sigma lens servicing might cost more than the lens itself, depending on how bad the mold is...

Will they also clean an old camera like the Mamiya ZE+Mamiya-Sekkor f/2.0 50mm? For how much, usually?

TIA ;)

Send to Nikon S'pore for a qoute and then compare with what TCW and others offer. I prefer Nikon S'pore as they are reputable and will have all genuine parts.

Acieed, post was not meant for u and not referring to Mamiya. Was responding to posts above about the Nikon stuff and sending to other shops for repair. I am not familiar with Mamiya to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.