Camera Sensor Cleaning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

viclam

Dec 19, 2004
East, Singapore
jwc1.blogspot.com
Hi!
I've these questions that's bothering me about the DSLRs.

1) How often do you have to clean the sensor?

2) Do you have to send it to the respective service centres to clean? Roughly how much they cost?

3) I need advice - Thinking of either an Olympus E-500 or a Canon 350D. I know the Canon does not have autocleaning features. But how prone is the 350D to dust?

4) I own a Nikon F601s film camera with a 28-85 Nikon lens. Can the lens and flash unit be used on a Nikon D50/D70?

5) Which camera should I choose? E-500, 350D or D50/D70? (I usually uses the camera mostly for travel and for a bit of work)

I'm on a budget and am considering also purchasing from new or from the 2nd hand market.

Appreciate if you can help answer them.
Many thanks!

i own a 350D and so far so good... but if i have a chance to turn back time i'll probably go with 70s

viclam said:
Hi!
I've these questions that's bothering me about the DSLRs.

1) How often do you have to clean the sensor?

2) Do you have to send it to the respective service centres to clean? Roughly how much they cost?

3) I need advice - Thinking of either an Olympus E-500 or a Canon 350D. I know the Canon does not have autocleaning features. But how prone is the 350D to dust?

4) I own a Nikon F601s film camera with a 28-85 Nikon lens. Can the lens and flash unit be used on a Nikon D50/D70?

5) Which camera should I choose? E-500, 350D or D50/D70? (I usually uses the camera mostly for travel and for a bit of work)

I'm on a budget and am considering also purchasing from new or from the 2nd hand market.

Appreciate if you can help answer them.
Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.