camera selection help

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
actually i am considering either this or panasonic's dmc-fz2, HP photosmart 945 and kodak's DX 6490.

fz2 is fz1+ manual controls but w/o hotshoe.
945 ...erm..nothing to say.
kodak has a schneider lens. 10x f2.8 to 3.1.
what ya guys think ?

someone told me the leica lens used in fz1( the 1 i am using) is lousy grade. not sure. bad experience with fz1.

anyone got any recommendations ?

acetylcholine said:
actually i am considering either this or panasonic's dmc-fz2, HP photosmart 945 and kodak's DX 6490.

fz2 is fz1+ manual controls but w/o hotshoe.
945 ...erm..nothing to say.
kodak has a schneider lens. 10x f2.8 to 3.1.
what ya guys think ?

someone told me the leica lens used in fz1( the 1 i am using) is lousy grade. not sure. bad experience with fz1.

anyone got any recommendations ?

Hai!! U are a chemist?? Interesting nick...... what it's used for?

The Panasonic has a fantastic lens........ u have to try it yourself and then decide for yourself....... try all the cams at the shop on the same scene at the shop and see which focuses the fastest, most accurately, (note that CCD sensor also important here) and then test for shutter lag.......

TME said:
Hai!! U are a chemist?? Interesting nick...... what it's used for?

The Panasonic has a fantastic lens........ u have to try it yourself and then decide for yourself....... try all the cams at the shop on the same scene at the shop and see which focuses the fastest, most accurately, (note that CCD sensor also important here) and then test for shutter lag.......

acetylcholine is a bio-term
rather it's a chemical yr nerves used to connect to other nervess.
the lens part, a DSLR user in my club says it's no good ?
but the problem i am having with auto focusing are in dark situations and also very long ranges.
where can u find a photo shop with such conditions?

thanks for the tip anyway.

btw,look who's the scientist....look at yr signature.

would you like to consider other brands? like canon, nikon or olympus?

acetylcholine said:
acetylcholine is a bio-term
rather it's a chemical yr nerves used to connect to other nervess.
the lens part, a DSLR user in my club says it's no good ?
but the problem i am having with auto focusing are in dark situations and also very long ranges.
where can u find a photo shop with such conditions?

thanks for the tip anyway.

btw,look who's the scientist....look at yr signature.

U can always focus on a dark spot in the shadows above the lamps in the common areas at the stair wells, etc especially in places like Peninsular Plaza, Sim Lim Square...... focusing on dark spots where there are things (like pipes, switches, etc) will tell how fast the camera focuses under similar conditions........ u can turn on spot AF so that u use only one of the AF sensors (if the Panasonic has this feature), it will be more accurate...... other than this, it's just reviews and feedback... dun listen just to one user who may or may not have used it the right way or had not much experience with the camera........ it's a f/2.8 lens..... should be pretty fast even at 10x zoom......

Ah! So that's what acetycholine is meant for...... the choline part told me that it's probably some bio agent....... anyway, the name in my sig happens to be the first novel compound I ever synthesized........ :D

A prosumer digital camera with a f/2.8 lens does not necessarily focus fast. It's different from SLR-type of lenses which are much bigger in size and allows more light in to enable fast focussing.

Among the cameras listed here, I don't think any could match the autofocuss speed of the class of Fujifilm S602Z, Minolta 7Hi or the Sony F717 (these are the fastest focussing long zoom prosumer digital cameras).

mpenza said:
A prosumer digital camera with a f/2.8 lens does not necessarily focus fast. It's different from SLR-type of lenses which are much bigger in size and allows more light in to enable fast focussing.

Among the cameras listed here, I don't think any could match the autofocuss speed of the class of Fujifilm S602Z, Minolta 7Hi or the Sony F717 (these are the fastest focussing long zoom prosumer digital cameras).

The S602Z is really good huh? I want one!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.