Camera School Bag.

xDreamerZ

May 3, 2011
Disney!
Hello, I'm currently a student studying. I got a D7000 paired with 16-85 lens, and i want to bring it to school everyday so i can take photos almost everyday. Is there any bag that can allow me to put my books and camera together in the same bag? Thanks!
The books are about A4 in size, at most 5cm thick. :(

What kinda u looking at? Sling or Backpack? Can check out lowepro/think tank/Kata, go TK Foto have a look, they have a huge range to choose from

Use 2 bags. One for school stuff and one for camera. Reason why is the school bag can put in class and take your camera bag out.

Your camera is already heavy, adding extra weight is just gonna strain your shoulders, especially when you're at a young age. Of course if you work out and quite fit then you can carry one bag.

Hoping for backpack. I tried putting the dslr into the nikon bag and put it into my school bag but its so bulky and after that i can't put my books in. x/ That's why i'm looking for bags that have a special compartment for the dslr.
I've looked at some Kata and Lowerpro bags but some of them have the camera compartment at the bottom and if i put my water bottle and pencil box in the top compartment, it's gonna press down on the bag and stress my camera out. Or is it okay?

xDreamerZ said:
Hoping for backpack. I tried putting the dslr into the nikon bag and put it into my school bag but its so bulky and after that i can't put my books in. x/ That's why i'm looking for bags that have a special compartment for the dslr.
I've looked at some Kata and Lowerpro bags but some of them have the camera compartment at the bottom and if i put my water bottle and pencil box in the top compartment, it's gonna press down on the bag and stress my camera out. Or is it okay?

Those bags designed for camera equipment won't let you 'crush' your camera after putting your stuff in. Bring your gears and sch stuff down to try, get hands on and you will what's best for you.

If quite a lot of stuff, backpack is the way to go. I've tried full gear of laptop,adapter,foolscap,pencil case, water bottle plus dslr, no joke. Definitely a no no for sling bag. Haha. Using a fastpack 250 myself, and i stuff other things into the intended lens compartment to save space.

Those bags designed for camera equipment won't let you 'crush' your camera after putting your stuff in. Bring your gears and sch stuff down to try, get hands on and you will what's best for you.

I've looked at one lowerpro bag and the top and bottom compartment are only separated with one thin padding. If the top compartment is filled with 2kg of load will it matter?
And i will definitely go down to try. Any idea which place on shop has the most variety of bags?

If quite a lot of stuff, backpack is the way to go. I've tried full gear of laptop,adapter,foolscap,pencil case, water bottle plus dslr, no joke. Definitely a no no for sling bag. Haha. Using a fastpack 250 myself, and i stuff other things into the intended lens compartment to save space.

Thanks for the advice! I'll take a look at the bag!

Last edited:
Go down to TK foto and take a look at their range, I got myself a Kata 466i with the same intention as you, it may fit the description of what you are looking for =)

Go down to TK foto and take a look at their range, I got myself a Kata 466i with the same intention as you, it may fit the description of what you are looking for =)

Thanks will do that too! :D

Ya just go TK for bags. Won't be wrong one.

one word of advice. since you're bringing it to school. you want books in there as well. the uprise series from vanguard are terrible in that aspect because of the cramped conditions. and think tank'll be out too. they're just too heavy. you might wanna look at nat geo though

Ivan Ong said:

You'll probably able to fit only 1 book 5cm thick in the laptop compartment. It's gonna be quite heavy too.

one word of advice. since you're bringing it to school. you want books in there as well. the uprise series from vanguard are terrible in that aspect because of the cramped conditions. and think tank'll be out too. they're just too heavy. you might wanna look at nat geo though

Thanks! Guess i'll have a hard time looking for bags.

You might want to consider an oakley roller bag. If you are lugging all that heavy weight I'd recommend that. No good to strain your back while still young...

Hello, I'm currently a student studying. I got a D7000 paired with 16-85 lens, and i want to bring it to school everyday so i can take photos almost everyday. Is there any bag that can allow me to put my books and camera together in the same bag? Thanks!
The books are about A4 in size, at most 5cm thick. :(

Nat Geo Sling will be good.

Nat Geo Sling will be good.

get a 'padded box' and put inside your normal bag? I have got a Lowepro Passport Sling and there's a 'box' inside which can be taken off.
Sometimes i just use this 'box' and place it in my Bree bag along with my other stuff. I'm using the D7k as well but not the 16-85mm lens. ;)