Camera RAW Plug-in for Photoshop CS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
I'm running the slightly older Photoshop CS2 (now superceded by Photoshop CS3), on Mac OS X, and after reading all the threads on the RAW plug-in for CS2, I must admit I'm more confused than when I started off.

I've downloaded the plug-in, and followed the steps on Adobe's site (which aren't very helpful), but I still can't seem to preview RAW files in Adobe Bridge. I can open them fine in Photoshop CS2 for editing, but I intend to use Bridge to preview and sort a large amount of RAW files, selecting which to edit and which to reject, before going in to PP.

Would anyone be able to assist? Thanks in advance. :)

try online update function in photoshop, it will update all components to the latest version for you, you don't need to do it manually - but I am using windows, not Mac

Thanks. I will try.

PS CS2 is using the RAW plug-in version 3.3 while PS CS 3 is using version 3.5. If u install the version 3.5 on yr CS 2, it will not work. if you r using CS2 on yr laptop, I suggest u uninstall yr version 3.5 and download version 3.3 and install again. It should work. I encountered the same problem and had it resolved when the correct version is being installed. Once u install the correct version, both the PS CS and Adobe Bridge will work fine.

IIRC, isn't CS3 using a different version of Camera RAW, namely version 4.0 (or 4.1)?
The latest plugin that is compatible with CS2 is version 3.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.