Camera Raw not compatible with CS2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerashy

Sep 27, 2004
After a lot of thinking I finally splurged on a PS CS2. After installing and updating I tried to open NEF files taken using my D80. I kept getting the error message that the RAW plugin is not compatible with my CS2. This is weird.

I downloaded Camera Raw Update 3.2, 3.7 and even 4.0 but it still does not work. Do I have to go all the way back to version 1.0? Do I need bridge to be installed?

Anyone has this problem? Any solution?

Camerashy, fred not. Go to Adobe website to download the raw converter as follows:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

install the software, then convert all your NEF files to DNG files before it can be further edited by PS. Still cannot? call me 9119 9908, Alan.

I encountered the same difficulty before,

cheers.

After a lot of thinking I finally splurged on a PS CS2. After installing and updating I tried to open NEF files taken using my D80. I kept getting the error message that the RAW plugin is not compatible with my CS2. This is weird.

I downloaded Camera Raw Update 3.2, 3.7 and even 4.0 but it still does not work. Do I have to go all the way back to version 1.0? Do I need bridge to be installed?

Anyone has this problem? Any solution?

look for the Nikon D80 8bi file in the photoshop directories (i forgot the exact filename - *.8bi). rename this file to something like *.8bi.bak then try to open the NEF file using CS2.

* - filename of the plugin which should have d80 or nikon on it

ryechua, thanks but I have not installed any Nikon software so there is no nikon D80.8bi files to rename. I will try Silverbullet's method as a last option. In the meanwhile I am going to re-install CS2 but then using Camera Raw 3.6 first. Let's see if this works.

Thanks for your comments.

Re-installed CS2, replaced the camera raw with version 3.6. Placed a copy both in the Common Files and CS2 folders. Now it works!

New problem,...Windows Explorer now don't show it as a thumbnail anymore. How to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.