camera qns

Status
Not open for further replies.

dysfunktional

Apr 10, 2007
Hi everyone, was just wondering, do I have to adjust the iso settings on my camera for better shots as my shots are rather "Noisy" now.

I'm not using a dslr as I'm still saving up for it. I'm still using a Casio Exilim, I forgot the model tho.

Hope someone can advice. Total novice here.

Lower the ISO if you find your shots too noisy. But lowering ISO will reduce the sensor's sensitivity, thus requiring a faster shutter speed.

If in a bright area, use the lowest ISO. But if in a dark area, you have to compromise and decide if you want a noisy shot or a blurry shot.

Lower the ISO if you find your shots too noisy. But lowering ISO will reduce the sensor's sensitivity, thus requiring a slower shutter speed.

If in a bright area, use the lowest ISO. But if in a dark area, you have to compromise and decide if you want a noisy shot or a blurry shot.

i used to have a casio EXILIM and I found that even in the day, @ 400 the shots will be very grainy...

lower down your iso to at least 200 and use a tripod to prevent blurring..

Lower the ISO if you find your shots too noisy. But lowering ISO will reduce the sensor's sensitivity, thus requiring a faster shutter speed.

:sweat:

thanks all for the replies, but i thought it was higher iso = less noise. oops!

so is mirrorslap correct??

yups. Lower iso such as 200 will be less noisy than say 400, 800 etc.
but sometimes high iso is needed in low light. (better noisy than not focused)
if not ur photos can't be freezed and they come out blur or dark due to not enough light.

normally i use:
outdoor 200,
indoor w/flash 200.
indoor 400,
ballroom condition 800.
anything darker try 1250 or 1600.

of cos its a rough guide. hope it helps.

thanks all for the replies, but i thought it was higher iso = less noise. oops!

so is mirrorslap correct??

He was refering to

lower iso = 100/200
highter iso = 400/800

so lower iso = less noise, but slower shutter speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.