Camera policy at the new National Stadium (Singapore Sports Hub)

Probably just means the act of filming not permitted but filming equipment ok. So even with a compact camera, though hv video mode can only use to take stills.

DSLRs with interchangeable lenses aren’t permitted as well.

So technically, mirrorless camera is ok ? since by definition DSLR= Digital Single lens reflex and mirrorless is not DSLR :D

or are they referrring to DSLR as any camera that has interchangeable lenses are not permitted.

if 200mm is the physical length of the lens, i guess i will pass. a small non prime zoom fully extended only about 180mm.

anyway, if refused entry, where is the place with the nearest locker ? A sports hub with no locker is simply ridiculous.

No musical instruments, or horns to make noisy..............no flags etc

looks like the atmosphere will be rather crap.

Last edited:
Taken from Sportshub page:
Photographs, images & recording
4.1 Flash photography is not permitted.
4.2 Non-commercial photography is permitted at the Venue provided:
4.2.1 That the camera used has a fixed lens of a physical lens length of 200mm or less, when fully extended. 4.2.2 That the photographs are for personal use.
4.3 All other cameras including those of a professional standard, with interchangeable or telephoto lens such as SLRs or
cameras are prohibited.

I called up the enquiries and confirmed that THERE ARE NO LOCKERS AVAILABLE AT THE SPORTS HUB except maybe those that the swimming pool.

It's a sports Hub . If anyone is to go there after work , how are they going to change into their sports gear ? where do they expect people to store their clothes and stuff ???

Last edited:
I called up the enquiries and confirmed that THERE ARE NO LOCKERS AVAILABLE AT THE SPORTS HUB except maybe those that the swimming pool.

It's a sports Hub . If anyone is to go there after work , how are they going to change into their sports gear ? where do they expect people to store their clothes and stuff ???

From what I understand, what we refer to as the 'Sports Hub' is a cluster of venues. As far as I can tell from their site, the venues that are available for public recreational usage (OCBC Arena, Aquatic Centre) do provision changing rooms and shower facilities. The National Stadium and Indoor Stadium are generally for patrons attending events, not to use the facilities.

I do think that if they want to implement strict policies on what patrons are allowed to bring in, it would be reasonable to provision suitable secure storage for those with flagged items.

I went to see the match and seems for me there is no restriction on photo gears, at least on that day. At entrance, the staff did check my bag, but they did not care abt my camera and lens, and when I brought out my camera in the match, those security staff, all in black, did not even notice my existence. But unluckily, I only brought a 200mm lens plus a 1.4TC, still not long for the football match...

Anyone knows if the rules for indoor stadium are more strict than outdoor? Of coz I know T&C says lens beyond 120mm is not allowed, but are these rules will be enforced or not? Am going to watch WTA next week...hope somebody can give me a tip...

I was at the Brazil v Japan match and seen quite a few DSLRs with various size lenses. Security inside the stadium didn't seem to care. My bag was searched thoroughly going in, though I'd left my camera at home...

does this mean bringing a GX7 with a 35-100 should be allowed?

had my 60D with 50mm f/1.8 in my bag, with my 55-250 hidden in the water-bottle pocket, for the Japan v Brazil match.

The security guard hesitated when he saw the DSLR, but thought that a 50mm couldn't do much damage... I got through though :sweat:

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm the one started the thread. I went to the Japan-Brazil match with Canon EOS-M and 200mm F2.8L (all rented), but the security inside the stadium didn't care at all, and let me shoot completely freely. They did check my bag when entering, but not thoroughly at all. They couldn't even spot my camera and lens in the bag... I'll go with a bigger lens next time. :)

They don't do body checks, so if there is someway to hide the long zooms on your body, then it's ok. I guess if they are not those super long zooms, i guess they are ok with it. Also, it's a full house, think they don't want to jam up people entering the stadium also.

They don't do body checks, so if there is someway to hide the long zooms on your body, then it's ok. I guess if they are not those super long zooms, i guess they are ok with it. Also, it's a full house, think they don't want to jam up people entering the stadium also.

well, there are only 2 places on a human body that you can shove things up and hide them :bsmilie:

well, there are only 2 places on a human body that you can shove things up and hide them :bsmilie:

Think that statement started me thinking very hard about the physical length limitations of the lens (200mm) :/

End of the day , if we wish to take a bet - go ahead. Well done if u smuggle it in , if caught then one only has one to blame since rules were made clear in the first place.

And nope ,'I'm not supportive of the stadium's dumb policy of spending so much efforts to police this either.

Last edited:
just go there and enjoy the match then. enjoy the moment is more important. no?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
because we have an awesome camera and already spent tons of money on it, it will be a shame if we can't shoot at any time, at anywhere, and in anyway we like.

Hope someone will able to get the hidden message..... ;)

I guess it depends on your luck. Ever since the management changed, they have been quite strict on camera rules. I went to a concert at indoor stadium and even using the mobile phone is snapped a quick picture is not allowed. Then again it's just the security at my area that's doing that.

Yup. So I believe it depends on luck and how strict the person checking you is.

For the coming Barclays Asia Trophy games, the following is stated:

Audio, Photography & Videography Policy
1. No Professional Photography and Videography are allowed.
2. Cameras with interchangeable lenses will not be permitted. 

Other Information:
No re-entry is allowed.

For the coming Barclays Asia Trophy games, the following is stated:

Audio, Photography & Videography Policy
1. No Professional Photography and Videography are allowed.
2. Cameras with interchangeable lenses will not be permitted. 

Other Information:
No re-entry is allowed.

Whenever I need to go into a building or event with my dslr n tripod, I always check whether ok to bring or not. Else forget it, paid for a fee n cannot have what I wanted. I just take from outside or other locations. :D