Camera phone that takes great picture and video?

maisatomai

Deregistered
Oct 26, 2006
My wife phone died. Anyone can recommend me phone (other than iphone) that can take great picture?

If you doesn't mind the cost, no warranty, and less fancy internet services. Japanese phones are the good choices around. They outlook are great also.

Galaxy s2 ftw!

Nokia N8...with it's big big sensor
Below are some examples :

Shadowspg.jpg

27122010192.jpg

030920111534s.jpg

200520111326.jpg

Last edited:
N8 is the king for photo-taking.
iPhone4 is the weak pretender (as far as camera ability is concerned - but iPhone4user interface and touch screen beats N8 hollow).
My obsolete HP6965 iPAQ takes pathetic 1.3Megapixel lousy unsharp grainy photos. Now you know why HP had to do a karang-guni sale for its soon-to-be-obsolete tablets at the Comex 2011.

Last edited:
N8 is the king for photo-taking.
iPhone4 is the weak pretender (as far as camera ability is concerned - but iPhone4user interface and touch screen beats N8 hollow).
My obsolete HP6965 iPAQ takes pathetic 1.3Megapixel lousy unsharp grainy photos. Now you know why HP had to do a karang-guni sale for its soon-to-be-obsolete tablets at the Comex 2011.

shitty sales based on a 1.3MP camera? mannnnnn u sure got me rolling on the floor laughing

No link, sorry.

on the market as well, looking at the SE Experia Arc ... and waiting to re-contract my line ... ;p

honestly, im not technically inclined, but my iphone 3.5 now 4 takes good pictures. with all the apps for the photos. i think its just too good!( at least for me )

N8 photos not bad, video v gd.

i don't have an iPhone, i have an iPod touch. and it has a lousy camera. i am inclined to believe that they lifted this camera unit from the iPhone 3GS so i believe that it should be pretty much the same. no one has been able to give me a straight answer on the specs of the iPod touch camera, but i am pretty sure it is nowhere near 5MP as one sales agent suggested. the 720p video capability is decent enough, but the stills are disappointing. on the apple website, the iPhone4 has a 5MP cam, which should be better than the one on the iPod touch. however, it is the available 'apps' that runs on iOS that keeps me amused in using the iPod touch. the regular camera just does not cut it. (note again, this is for the 4th gen iPod touch)

the N8 runs on Symbian OS3. the SE Arc runs on Android Gingerbread. i like nokia, and i know that it's solidly built. but it's using an ageing platform. while android is not perfect, it is at least at par (or close to) with iOS. and i've used a cybershot phone before, standard camera (non-app enhanced), standard settings, my 5MP C902 takes better pictures than my iPod touch.

Guys, let me point you out to a fellow friend and photographer's Iphone works! very awesome!

http://www.wpn.sg/blog/

The travel photos are good & interesting because of the subject matter. Technically the photos are NOT awesome.
Want to see awesome technical quality?
Ask to see some of your friends' photos taken with Leica, Carl Zeiss, Schneider, Rodenstock lenses.

Last edited:
The travel photos are good & interesting because of the subject matter. Technically the photos are NOT awesome.
Want to see awesome technical quality?
Ask to see some of your friends' photos taken with Leica, Carl Zeiss, Schneider, Rodenstock lenses.

i agree. plus, like i mentioned, the images are app-enhanced and not straight out of the iPhone's bare camera.

The camera in the iPod touch is no where near the iPhone 3GS, see my apad thread for iPhone 3GS images

I am using an Xperia Arc... I was attracted by it's advertised f/2.5 lens and the Sony Bravia engine inside.

6126485608_5f3b323964_z.jpg

6126343179_f15dff2681_z.jpg

Well, you can get some (very little) bokeh like this...

6126897398_764c4cfeff_z.jpg

However, it sucks when you use the flash on it....

Last edited:
i think there was a htc model. cant remember which one...