camera parts replacement/cleaning.

Pit01

Feb 28, 2010
If a photographer decides to send his/her camera to a service for some replacement and cleaning, what are the things that can be replaced and cleaned? I am asking in a example of Point and shoot cameras and prosumer cameras.

If a photographer decides to send his/her camera to a service for some replacement and cleaning, what are the things that can be replaced and cleaned? I am asking in a example of Point and shoot cameras and prosumer cameras.

Everything can be replaced and cleaned.

Bro, on some days I wish I can be replaced or cleaned as well.. :bsmilie:

Hey, just saw a refurbished davedevil123 on ebay for sale, starting bid S$0.01! Just ribbing ya bro! :bsmilie:

The one thing I'm thinking of replacing would be the exterior parts of a used lens (well worn)...but I'm wondering if that's worth the $$ or while...

Last edited:
Hey, just saw a refurbished davedevil123 on ebay for sale, starting bid S$0.01! Just ribbing ya bro! :bsmilie:

The one thing I'm thinking of replacing would be the exterior parts of a used lens (well worn)...but I'm wondering if that's worth the $$ or while...

If the lens work ok, there is not much point to it.

If the lens work ok, there is not much point to it.

I know, thanks for the sound advice... The reason being, I just want to give a new lease of life to it (like the feeling of being all-new again), otherwise I might just continue to "abuse" it since it's already looking abused... :bsmilie:

Actually, an old and abused looking lens that works well is better. No one will be tempted to steal it.