camera or person behind camera?

Do you think the camera or the person behind the camera is producing good photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

HTCahHTC

May 9, 2008
hey guys.
i've had one burning question since dunno when.
was wondering...
do you guys think A GOOD PICTURE is relying on the camera or the person behind the camera?
let's be frank, some people will agree that the camera is the one.
just wanna hear some honest answers from you guys. ;)

Last edited:
i think both?
its like if you can take real good pics but give you a like hp cam the quality suck right haha ya something like that thats what i think

I think it is the person and not the camera. Of cos you cannot compare like mobilephone camera. If you were to talk about DSLR VS DSLR and PNS VS PNS, it would be fair.
You cannot use Mobile phone to VS a DSLR right?

Just like you cannot compare a 1000cc bike to VS a 80cc bike. Cos all from different league.

I think it is the person and not the camera. Of cos you cannot compare like mobilephone camera. If you were to talk about DSLR VS DSLR and PNS VS PNS, it would be fair.
You cannot use Mobile phone to VS a DSLR right?

Just like you cannot compare a 1000cc bike to VS a 80cc bike. Cos all from different league.

i think both?
its like if you can take real good pics but give you a like hp cam the quality suck right haha ya something like that thats what i think

haha.
assuming it's the same 'class' vs the same 'class'.

haha.
assuming it's the same 'class' vs the same 'class'.

For me I think same class vs same class. It would be the person behind the camera.

If for different class vs different class. Maybe the betta class will win but you neverknow?
Some people can create great shots with anything lol....;)

This is very subjective

Last edited:
well, a great shot imo will come from both the camera and the person. BUT if the person has no skills, the camera is then worthless.
i recall a long time ago watching a tv show. this known model photographer shoots with a literally point and shoot camera. like those use-and-throw film cameras.
now thats skill. ;)

I think even a PNS vs DSLR would also be a rather good comparison that the man behind the camera is the one that makes the difference.There are many wonderful shots out there taken by PNS. There are also countless shots that are totally horrible taken by a DSLR and so its the man thats more crucial. The camera is important but its not everything. A decent one and great skills and the "eye" = fantastic photos.

Just my 2 cents.

Allow me to answer your question this way.

A Kodak Brownie is given to to twenty photographers all with minimum 10 years experience taking pictures. Give them only ten minutes at the same location to make pictures one at a time.
You will for sure know whether it is the photographer who makes better pictures or the camera.

Then give this same group of photographers a DSLR made in 200f4 e.g. D70 to cover a basketball match for 30 minutes and later for another round of 30 minutes of shooting with the latest DSLR e.g. D300. All of them were given the same zoom lens e.g. 80-200mm f/2.8 with no VR. They have to shoot without any use of a tripod.

The results will give you the answer whether a good picture is relying on the camera or the person behind the camera. Pretty sure "noobnoob" is perfectly correct.

-----------------------------
Just keep on upgrading your shooting skill and it is very important to practice with the right guidance.
:heart::)

Assuming that the shooting condition is the same:

skills photog + good camera = excellent photo
skills photog + normal camera = good photo
no skills photog + good camera = average photo
no skills photog + normal camera = better don't take photo (just kidding ;p)

whoa.
lol.
seems like everyone voted for the person behind the camera.
thanks to everyone for their opinions and feedbacks!
hope to hear more coming!

I'm for both...

No point giving a bad camera to a pro or
giving a good camera to a noob

I've seen more than one instances that person owns a D3, mkIII whatever but they can take nuts (and it was for wedding!) . I feel it's more like giving a skillful rider the bike he deserves, instead of having a newbie riding a powerful bike, total waste of time. If you get my gist.

Both.

Of course the thought process behind counts, but also have to understand that certain good picture shots just cannot be taken with any camera/lens.

What kind of good pictures you referring to ?

Ryan

not againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

this is like, the 5th time at least, this year.

camera is just a tool, nothing more than just a tool.

use the right tool for doing the job right.

==========================================

if camera is only one factor to product great photos, that you can just go out and buy a 1Dxxxx or D3, so you can shoot as good as a season professional.

and in the same way, if a professional using a low-end camera, will he produce a photo worst then a newbie?

Its both camera and user. Even when you compare DSLR, there is a big difference. A camera with good high ISO noise control will definitely out perform another camera which cannot even shoot with good noise at ISO 800 in low light condition. So a camera does make a difference in how the photographs will turn out. If Camera is not an issue, why press media insist on using flagship models of the different brands. In fact the lens also make a huge difference to the image.

zz stupid question

like car or driver

ans:
Stig.PNG